Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For best 0-60, should you use the paddles for upshifts or let the gearbox do it for you while on Dynamic mode obviously? I noticed the gearbox doesn't upshift by itself until ~5.5k rpm.

·
Read Only
849 Posts
use the "A-Fast" procedure.

place car in a closed street.

D, not manual.

left foot on brake, solid, the torque is too much.

bring the engine to 2500 rpm and stay still for 2 seconds, remove the brake and give the whole throttle. the system will manage all the changes automatically to the rpm limiter with the maximum efficency

·
Registered
151 Posts
I tried to use the paddles to up shift in manual mode but they do not shift instantly. I hit the rev limiter twice trying to do a maximum acceleration in manual (paddle shifting) mode.

·
Registered
763 Posts
For me, I found I needed to shift about 1,000 rpm below max or a bit sooner to make it shifted before the rev limiter. Some times I am still too slow, as the rpm moves pretty fast from about 3000 rpm, more so at lower speeds.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I had the same problem....wonder if "D" auto would be just as quick.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I noticed the gearbox shifts a little faster when you use the paddles on the upshift in "auto". I get a nice satisfying jolt on every upshift with my input vs smoother upshifts by the computer meaning the gearbox shifts more aggressively when you use the paddles.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
use the "A-Fast" procedure.

place car in a closed street.

D, not manual.

left foot on brake, solid, the torque is too much.

bring the engine to 2500 rpm and stay still for 2 seconds, remove the brake and give the whole throttle. the system will manage all the changes automatically to the rpm limiter with the maximum efficency
Can you brake torque it like the QV (brake pedal all the way down, followed by throttle pedal all the way down while holding the brake and then let go the brake)?

[ame]https://youtu.be/CJTWplJ6Fo4?t=3m48s[/ame]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts