Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
307 Posts
You are trying to remove the front, or rear bumper? At the front when I removed mine, there is a green clip, that no matter what you are doing, you will break it. I think that is one one per side, though.
If I remember correctly, is the last/first one, toward the rear door.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are trying to remove the front, or rear bumper? At the front when I removed mine, there is a green clip, that no matter what you are doing, you will break it. I think that is one one per side, though.
If I remember correctly, is the last/first one, toward the rear door.
Not the bumper. Just the fender skirt as pictured in my initial post.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
307 Posts
When I have removed the rear bumper, I had to remove a few clips on the skirt as well. There I have broken that green clip. I have looked at it afterwards, and there is no way to remove it, without breaking that.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I have removed the rear bumper, I had to remove a few clips on the skirt as well. There I have broken that green clip. I have looked at it afterwards, and there is no way to remove it, without breaking that.
Got ya. Thanks. These are very unique clips. Not the push pin type that are easily removed without breaking.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
307 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

If it helps this picture. I don't remember where it was that clip, but definitely not the ones that can be seen in this picture.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
View attachment 23654

If it helps this picture. I don't remember where it was that clip, but definitely not the ones that can be seen in this picture.
Thanks for the picture! Yes, looks like same green clips that came off when removed front left fender skirt. One was broken but 2 came off on skirt. It would be the three lower holes on the front left on the picture I posted.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
297 Posts
you can get a long skinny needle nose in the wheel well behind the felt and try to squeeze the clips, I found it mangled it still a little bit. I would really say just pull off the flare and put on new clips, that's what I did. I have a write up on the trailer hitch that has all the info. about half the clips broke, the larger green ones dont break as much.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you can get a long skinny needle nose in the wheel well behind the felt and try to squeeze the clips, I found it mangled it still a little bit. I would really say just pull off the flare and put on new clips, that's what I did. I have a write up on the trailer hitch that has all the info. about half the clips broke, the larger green ones dont break as much.
Appreciate you sharing your experience with me! I called the body shop I left the skirt with for refinishing and paint to ask if they had the proper clips if needed. They said it’s Alfa specific clips so I drove over to my dealership and bought 3 green and 8 orange clips from them figuring that would cover any clips I couldn’t remove without breaking. Went to the body shop with them and asked if they had a tool to remove the ones stuck on the fender. He had one of the guys try to remove them for me. Not easy and after trying several of his trim tools and going behind the inner fender well liner was able to save a few of them. In the end of the 11 clips I bought at the dealership I used 6 of them. Reinstalled the fender skirt and it fit tight and looks like new.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
135 Posts
easiest way to remove those red clips is to push them with pliers from other side. just undo wheel arch trim on the edge to access them.

to remove wheel arch trim it's best to start on bumper side. there are 3 green clips which usually unclip pretty easily. then you are left only with red ones. red ones are the ones which either break off or break trim brackets. best way to proceed is to unclip trim from red ones by sliding trim from them one by one. this way you won't break red clips and your arch trim.

red P/N Mopar 68418112AA, EU 6000628195
green P/N EU 71748293

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Manufacturer specific body clips. So Alfa paid an engineer to design proprietary body clips......instead of say...a 360° camera, or sinking that money into software refinement...or anything of like 50 other things....better sounding exhaust on the 4cyl...

<Facepalm> Now that is some classic, old-school auto industry thinking right there...spend that money on clips, so when the car needs repair....sell clips....mwuah hahahaha!!!!🤯

Glad you got everything fixed!!! Looks like they nailed the paint.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts