Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking around the Stelvio forum for a while now and decided I should go ahead and join. I've been shopping for a new vehicle for quite some time and I keep coming back to the Alfa. I've never owned one but they have always had a certain appeal to me since I was a teenager way back in the 1900's (something my daughter likes to say).

A little about myself. My full-time job is in the medical equipment industry and my hobby is flying in the AF Reserve. I'm currently a spry 52 with a few vehicles in the garage. My current daily driver is a 2003 diesel F250 that's rock-solid, unfortunately it drives that way as well. I also have a 2007 Saleen Mustang "Parnelli Jones edition" that I use as my mid-life fun car. Wife drives a 2012 Cadillac SRX and my daughter drives my last daily driver which is a 2013 Volvo C30. I'm planning on keeping them all for now so the Alfa would become my new daily driver if I decide to take the leap.

My life is usually pretty busy so I don't usually post much on forums. Just don't seem to have the time for some reason. That being said, I really wanted to thank all of the Stelvio forum users for putting together a great site with a lot of great information. I will try my hardest to return the favor!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome to the forum, keep us posted on your decision

·
Registered
356 Posts
Welcome and good luck with whatever you choose to do. The fastest I ever drove my 71 Spyder Veloce was in the east of Canada, from Montreal up to Quebec City - maxed out the needle... Fun driving up there, that summer at least.

I used to challenge 5 liter Mustangs on curvy roads in Virginia with that car, and my GTV6 - in the curves you just can't beat an Alfa (of course the Mustangs would blow right by me on the straights... showing no mercy... so if you want to meet the muscle challenge as well, wait and get the Stelvio Quadrifoglio, or go for the Giulia Quadrifoglio, and then you will have it all!

I drove the Giulia Quadrifoglio, and that was da bomb! Put it in Race mode and bam!

Ciao!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Quad is definitely intriguing. However, I would probably have a hard time convincing the wife on that one! Especially for another 25K.

She loves the PJ and it's definitely an awesome car to drive. Only have 12,000 miles on it and it's only seen rain once. Of course my main problem is trying to keep my right foot in check so if I were to buy the Quad, I think I would lose all composure. I would be the new cash cow for the Texas DPS!

So I've been looking for something practical yet fun at the same time for about 6 months now. The F-Pace looks sharp but the BMW's, Audi's, and Merc's just don't do much for me. Then when I came across the Stelvio and I kinda cracked a smile. This could be it I said.

While the Quad engine would definitely be nice, it's probably over-kill for me as a daily driver. To make the decision easier I probably should just go ahead and get one now before they release the Quad. Less temptation that way. :devil

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Dr- It'll be fun following your decision process. Great to know you and we will be glad to have you join our group of semi-exclusive 'new Alfa' aficionados!

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
So I've been looking for something practical yet fun at the same time for about 6 months now. The F-Pace looks sharp but the BMW's, Audi's, and Merc's just don't do much for me. Then when I came across the Stelvio and I kinda cracked a smile. This could be it I said.

While the Quad engine would definitely be nice, it's probably over-kill for me as a daily driver. To make the decision easier I probably should just go ahead and get one now before they release the Quad. Less temptation that way. :devil
5.3 sec 0-60 times is just about perfect for a daily driver, the only problem you're going to have is keeping the cargo secure in the back when you whip it around the curves faster than most sports sedans can handle. :grin

F-Pace IS nice, but dollar for dollar, it's only 2/3 of the car you get from Alfa, plus you see them all over the roads here...

Reactions: TiSport

·
Registered
356 Posts
The cargo net and adjustable rail come in handy...

I think to own and drive the Quad, you really have to be taught, or already know how to drive a vehicle with that much freaking power. My 280 horses in the D mode can make things happen so fast its scary, and having driven the Quad Giulia, I can tell you that I now understand why we have "Supercar Fails" videos on youtube - that kind of power just makes things happen so fast.

No matter the engine, you're gonna never want another marque for a daily driver once you become Alfista.

Ciao

1 - 11 of 11 Posts