Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the rear diffuser and tailgate emblems hydro dipped. This is the process where they float a material in a bed of water and dip it to get a total smooth and 360 finish to the pieces.

Sorry, I struggle with the phone to get great pictures but the real outcome to this was incredible.

It was done at a shop near Calgary called brokentine custom works located in Cochrane Alberta. Tristan is the owner and amazing guy. Cost was $350 including labour to remove the rear diffuser and emblems.

Posted a before and after of the rear and shots of the diffuser and Q4 badge and STELVIO.

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
I had the rear diffuser and tailgate emblems hydro dipped. This is the process where they float a material in a bed of water and dip it to get a total smooth and 360 finish to the pieces.

Sorry, I struggle with the phone to get great pictures but the real outcome to this was incredible.

It was done at a shop near Calgary called brokentine custom works located in Cochrane Alberta. Tristan is the owner and amazing guy. Cost was $350 including labour to remove the rear diffuser and emblems.

Posted a before and after of the rear and shots of the diffuser and Q4 badge and STELVIO.
The Diffuser... is cool.
But the badge are awesome... wowwwwww thats the best touch :eek
I´m thinking to "plastidip" in matt black my badge when I receive my Stelvio.
But your work... is TOP Class.

Just a doubt... what is the "hardness" of the finish of that work?
Can you wash the car no problem? Does that have a "enamel / varnish" coat so that it can be smoothly wash rubbed?

Thanks. Flavio :grin

·
Registered
330 Posts
Very nice but I think a necessary finishing touch is changing the main rear Alfa badge to a black and silver unit....the colored badge now seems somehow...."off"....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The finish is a clear coat paint so it will be durable and no issues in the wash. It is perfectly smooth. It is better than the pictures can show.

My exhaust will be done in a couple weeks once the dealership moves to their new location and the REMUS system goes in. I will keep you all posted with pics on how that looks and sounds.

I LOVE this vehicle!!!!

·
Registered
534 Posts
The finish is a clear coat paint so it will be durable and no issues in the wash. It is perfectly smooth. It is better than the pictures can show.

My exhaust will be done in a couple weeks once the dealership moves to their new location and the REMUS system goes in. I will keep you all posted with pics on how that looks and sounds.

I LOVE this vehicle!!!!
I had a gun stock done with hydro dipping and it's durable as h*ll.

can't wait to hear the REMUS!

Reactions: Banffstelvio
1 - 8 of 8 Posts