Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the day I took delivery I have had nothing but trouble.. CarPlay stopped working, it says I have a text message but won't let me see or read it, it will shut off and restart, dealer looks at me like I am crazy have even taken pictures of error messages and begged them to replace it. Any ideas what I can do ?

· Registered
586 Posts
Try a new USB cord before you go down a warranty rabbit hole. I've found that my Android Auto doesn't even work with a crappy cord, or cuts out all the time. And USB cords age, so a cord that used to work might start working intermittently at first and then slowly start working less and less. I use Android Auto 100% of the time I'm in the car, and I've needed a new cord every 9 months or so.

Not sure if it's the same with Apple, but I've had luck (9-12 months of good use) with Amazon basics cords that have the "SS10" designation.
Font Material property Electronic device Technology Cable

· Registered
2022 Stelvio Veloce Misano Blue Metallic/Black
574 Posts
Try a new USB cord before you go down a warranty rabbit hole. I've found that my Android Auto doesn't even work with a crappy cord, or cuts out all the time. And USB cords age, so a cord that used to work might start working intermittently at first and then slowly start working less and less. I use Android Auto 100% of the time I'm in the car, and I've needed a new cord every 9 months or so.

Not sure if it's the same with Apple, but I've had luck (9-12 months of good use) with Amazon basics cords that have the "SS10" designation.
View attachment 29062
Switch to wireless. It's so much easier and convenient!

· Registered
580 Posts
Look into your infotainment version also, the Giulia forum has the files if you want to handle updating it yourself, CarPlay stability is one of the regularly addressed items.

I have a 2022 and have never had any CarPlay issues, wired or with an aftermarket wireless adapter.

· Registered
656 Posts
Since the day I took delivery I have had nothing but trouble.. CarPlay stopped working, it says I have a text message but won't let me see or read it, it will shut off and restart, dealer looks at me like I am crazy have even taken pictures of error messages and begged them to replace it. Any ideas what I can do ?
Hello,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. Please send us a PM, our team would like to dig further into this for you.

William
Alfa Romeo Cares

· Registered
2022 Veloce Ocra GT with Active Assist Plus
724 Posts
I had this issue with a seemingly good cord that would charge the phone fine but was just effed enough to not allow AppleCar play to work. New cord fixed it.

· Registered
84 Posts
Yes. If the service manager isn't going to take care of the issue then contact Alfa corporate directly. You can contact Alfacare but I've never once had them remedy any of my issues so to me they are worthless. At least in my case.

I've contacted the CEO of Alfa Romeo NA and within a day I was on the phone with anyone Alfa that I needed. Sometimes you have to take the bull, you know...

I am a very easygoing person but when I need something done like car work and they drag their feet, we'll I don't play around. Make sure your ducks are in a row and even see the GM of the dealership. They also have an area representative they can speak to so don't let them NOT do the work, especially if it's still under warranty. There are times when the muzzle just needs to be removed.

Good luck. At the end of the day it doesn't seem to be a safety concern but they still need to fix it.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts