Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first wireless adapter I bought for my Stelvio radio was cplay2air. It was a really bad experience, suddenly disconnected from my radio, and audio delay is the worst part of it.
In addition, it does consume more battery power. There is no customer service and no after-sales service. It is really a **** product. It was a waste of my $119!
Fortunately, I found another adapter, it works awesomely, has no delay, and connects very quickly. I have no more clutter and no cable constantly plugged into the front.

I take a lot of short trips and it works well enough for me without insane battery drain.

No affiliate, no ads, just sharing my experience

·
514 Posts
Looks like that only works with iPhone 10-up. Wonder if it will work with older phones?
You misread that. What they say is that it works with IOS 10+, the version of the iPhone's software.

For example, my relatively ancient iPhone SE (the original SE) is running IOS 13.5.1 and should be supported.

@Soldier, thanks for finding this.

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo stelvio 2.0 Ti sport awd
69 Posts
I have a 2018 ti also but it didn’t come with pre wired
applecarplay , would this device still work ? I doubt It but doesn’t hurt to ask lol

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Q4 Sport, MonteCarlo Blue
112 Posts
I have a 2018 ti also but it didn’t come with pre wired
applecarplay , would this device still work ? I doubt It but doesn’t hurt to ask lol
Unfortunately no, this just makes your existing CarPlay a wireless affair. It does not add carplay to the vehicle.
You could add it though, there are a couple companies offering a kit like this one for much cheaper than a dealer would want.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I’ll look into that thanks for the reply but on the other hand I’m trading this car in by the new year for a 22 quad lease or a 20 pre owned one

·
Registered
69 Posts
Honestly the numbers on it it’s kinda absurd that’s why I’m also looking at pre owned one but nothing less then a 2019 model . The 2.0 has been a fantastic car so far don’t want to jinx it lol I been looking at stelvio quads hopeulfly I can find a good deal on them in nyc though the price is crazy

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI Silverstone Gray Metallic/Red/Black
276 Posts
And In what way it’s not worth it ? Price wise ?
I will most likely get a pre-owned Quad in the future. At least a 2020 like I have now. Yeah the lease deals make no sense compared to buying one (if you can afford it) or getting a nice well serviced pre-owned QV.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I’ve found a 2018 quad at westbury Alfa Long Island where I got my 2.0 stelvio for 67K although I don’t want another 2018 might look into that also I’m just waiting to hear back from the on the 2022 quad leases luckily the same person that sold me the car still work there today so hopefully he can give out a good deal

1 - 20 of 31 Posts