Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Now if they can only come up with wireless android auto!
Agree with OP on the cplay2air returned mine too many issues.

There is a campaign on Indiegogo for Wireless Android Auto called “AAWireless” the developer was pretty transparent about updates and development and they were shipping products not sure of Alfa compatibility.

I was an early funder of the project then actually switched to an iPhone for work so never got to try it out. They refunded my money no questions asked so that was a plus in my book for them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been using the AAWireless unit with my Samsung phone for a couple of weeks now and it works great. You need to watch the setup tutorial first, to make sure you're dialing in the right settings in your Android Auto app, but once that's done you're good to go. Still new, but no issues so far.

Also, just chiming in on another issue raised in this thread: I am leasing a 2020 QV, and up here in Montreal the terms were fantastic. It is more expensive than the 2.0, that's a given, but I was comparing between competitors with more or less equivalent sticker prices (GLC63S AMG; Macan Turbo; X3M) and the Alfa leasing terms were BY FAR the most accessible. My monthly payment is 65% of what it would have been for the AMG, and Alfa even gave me a $6,000 cash payment to allow me to pay off the remaining months of my previous lease. Which I didn't do LOL: instead, I put the other car on Turo to cover the lease payments and ended up blowing the $6K at Madness Autoworks (lowering springs, spacers, race chip, carbon splitter, diffuser, etc.)

ANYWAYS, all that to say: different time, different place, but Alfa needs to steal customers from the Germans and if you give them the chance to bid for your business, you may be pleasantly surprised. And having driven quite a few cars, of varying levels of luxury/power, I have to say that the Quadrifoglio (at least in its AWD grocery wagon format) is unbeatable as a daily, do-everything vehicle.

It's an absolute riot in every scenario. It makes everyone around it grin like a child. And it's a beast on the racetrack.

Worth. Every. Penny.

Cheers

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI Silverstone Gray Metallic/Red/Black
276 Posts
I have been using the AAWireless unit with my Samsung phone for a couple of weeks now and it works great. You need to watch the setup tutorial first, to make sure you're dialing in the right settings in your Android Auto app, but once that's done you're good to go. Still new, but no issues so far.

Also, just chiming in on another issue raised in this thread: I am leasing a 2020 QV, and up here in Montreal the terms were fantastic. It is more expensive than the 2.0, that's a given, but I was comparing between competitors with more or less equivalent sticker prices (GLC63S AMG; Macan Turbo; X3M) and the Alfa leasing terms were BY FAR the most accessible. My monthly payment is 65% of what it would have been for the AMG, and Alfa even gave me a $6,000 cash payment to allow me to pay off the remaining months of my previous lease. Which I didn't do LOL: instead, I put the other car on Turo to cover the lease payments and ended up blowing the $6K at Madness Autoworks (lowering springs, spacers, race chip, carbon splitter, diffuser, etc.)

ANYWAYS, all that to say: different time, different place, but Alfa needs to steal customers from the Germans and if you give them the chance to bid for your business, you may be pleasantly surprised. And having driven quite a few cars, of varying levels of luxury/power, I have to say that the Quadrifoglio (at least in its AWD grocery wagon format) is unbeatable as a daily, do-everything vehicle.

It's an absolute riot in every scenario. It makes everyone around it grin like a child. And it's a beast on the racetrack.

Worth. Every. Penny.

Cheers
When did you order and receive your AAWireless unit? I just put an order in on Indiegogo for my Alfa 2.0 and I have a Samsung Galaxy S21. It says I should get it by Jan 2022. Can't wait as I hate wires haha! Next ride will be the Stelvio QV. Can't wait!

·
Registered
5 Posts
When did you order and receive your AAWireless unit? I just put an order in on Indiegogo for my Alfa 2.0 and I have a Samsung Galaxy S21. It says I should get it by Jan 2022. Can't wait as I hate wires haha! Next ride will be the Stelvio QV. Can't wait!
Ordered it at the beginning of the year (before they started actually producing the units) and just got it a few weeks ago. They were a bit late on their initial delivery estimate but production has started now so they should be able to deliver as announced (I'm assuming).

When are you switching to the QV? I'm excited for you LOL

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI Silverstone Gray Metallic/Red/Black
276 Posts
Ordered it at the beginning of the year (before they started actually producing the units) and just got it a few weeks ago. They were a bit late on their initial delivery estimate but production has started now so they should be able to deliver as announced (I'm assuming).

When are you switching to the QV? I'm excited for you LOL
Good to know. Is it small enough to keep it out of the way?

Not anytime soon. haha! I saw one at my local dealership last month and it looked amazing! Of course it's now sold.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good to know. Is it small enough to keep it out of the way?

Not anytime soon. haha! I saw one at my local dealership last month and it looked amazing! Of course it's now sold.
If you keep the wire tied up, and plug it into the USB plug under the arm rest, it's 100% out of the way.

I am sending you positive QV vibes for the near future. Godspeed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
21 - 31 of 31 Posts