Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With 16K miles, I noticed no road rash behind the front wheels or in front of the rear wheels . I have mudflaps. But all of my previous cars had mudflaps and still showed road rash

My stainless exhaust tips get an accumulation of black soot on them. But it washes right off when protected with 303 Graphite polish

·
Registered
2022 RDX A-spec Advance
997 Posts
With 16K miles, I noticed no road rash behind the front wheels or in front of the rear wheels . I have mudflaps. But all of my previous cars had mudflaps and still showed road rash

My stainless exhaust tips get an accumulation of black soot on them. But it washes right off when protected with 303 Graphite polish
I've never noticed this on any of my cars. With or without mud flaps. Even at much higher mileage. That said, I am not a fan of gloss paint to the ground. I am a firm believer in polymer side skirts on an SUV/CUV.

·
Registered
504 Posts
No mud flaps here, but I have the unpainted trim on my 2019 along the bottom... And there's a bit of rash on mine at 54k, but you really have to be looking at the texture of the plastic up close to see it. I've never had a car that didn't get some rash behind the wheels.

I'd love to see some pics of your car with the mud flaps. Ever picture of them I see is a close up of the flaps, and not an overall side view or 3/4 view, so I feel like I'm very aware of what the mud flaps for this car look like but I have no idea what they look like on the car 😆

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport Vesuvio Grey
322 Posts
Others have said that. Weird. It's been speculated it's due to the brand of fuel used. I exclusively use Valero refined in Cali.
I exclusively use 91 octane Chevron or Shell. The carbon build up on my chrome tips was heavy and very difficult to remove. I have since swapped them out for black tips; problem solved.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
635 Posts
In my opinion, is it because the real muffler tip is inside, and it blows on the fake one, since that surface is near it and it sticks out more. On some cars, the bumper suffers the same faith.
I'm planning to install one of these Ali exhaust tips. Hopefully it will take care of this problem.
I will have to cut down from the factory pipe a bit(~2"), to be able to install these tips.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts