Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I want to buy this as a 40th bday present to myself...and it comes in favorite car color--green! After all, why not picture myself in a green Stelvio with glossy red calipers, pretending I'm a beautiful Italian dashing off to do something naughty involving wine, carbohydrates, racing, and/or a candlelit date, instead of a suburban mom plodding through snowy roads on the way to the office. I have been rightly, responsibly directed toward the f pace and the Audi, or the ubiquitous mountain west Subaru, but honestly, the Forester doesn't really scream romance or intrigue.

So, my reservations: there are only like 3 pictures online of the green color, and they all look pretty different from one another. Has anyone seen one in person?!? Is it a nice green?

Reservation #2: Not an original thought, but the good angel on my shoulder says to be very scared of reliability. That angel also drinks water instead of Shiraz and wishes I'd get a used Honda--help me shut her up.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Mama, you've obviously been doing your research if you have found the three pictures and know what a caliper is.

I think it's a pretty good green simply because it looks good in all pictures under different lighting.

regarding reservation #2, you seem to have a vivid enough imagination to pretend you are in an Alfa Romeo when you are driving a used honda.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Interesting, the Canadian website doesn't have a green option for the Stelvio but I like it.
I would think it's going to be the least common color and I'd probably choose it just for that reason.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks nice in the sample configurator, but it's always hard to tell how accurate that will be. I saw someone else here who'd ordered small aftermarket Alfa Romeo badges that I think would also look particularly nice with the green.

Going for a test drive tomorrow!

·
Registered
534 Posts
It looks nice in the sample configurator, but it's always hard to tell how accurate that will be. I saw someone else here who'd ordered small aftermarket Alfa Romeo badges that I think would also look particularly nice with the green.

Going for a test drive tomorrow!
After considering the same choices as you mentioned, all I can say is prepare to fall for the Stelvio.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Test drove it, love it. Asked dealer how long wait would be...4.5 months...and even that sounded a little doubtful. Yikes.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Good point on the reliability, I had a question about that as well. I told myself that is what the warranty is for. With my dealer, if you take a vehicle in for warranty work and it is going to take a while, they give you a loaner to drive. Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
378 Posts
green Stelvio

I think I want to buy this as a 40th bday present to myself...and it comes in favorite car color--green! After all, why not picture myself in a green Stelvio with glossy red calipers, pretending I'm a beautiful Italian dashing off to do something naughty involving wine, carbohydrates, racing, and/or a candlelit date, instead of a suburban mom plodding through snowy roads on the way to the office. I have been rightly, responsibly directed toward the f pace and the Audi, or the ubiquitous mountain west Subaru, but honestly, the Forester doesn't really scream romance or intrigue.

So, my reservations: there are only like 3 pictures online of the green color, and they all look pretty different from one another. Has anyone seen one in person?!? Is it a nice green?

Reservation #2: Not an original thought, but the good angel on my shoulder says to be very scared of reliability. That angel also drinks water instead of Shiraz and wishes I'd get a used Honda--help me shut her up.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Haven't seen a Stelvio in Verde yet, but I can tell you that it looks good next to green, and that green looks good on cars with curves... :grin
20171030_183721.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Reservation #2: Not an original thought, but the good angel on my shoulder says to be very scared of reliability. That angel also drinks water instead of Shiraz and wishes I'd get a used Honda--help me shut her up

I had a Mercedes E350 coupe and decided to be practical and got a loaded 2017 Honda CR-V. As soon as I saw the Stelvio in a google ad I was smitten. As soon as I saw it in real life, I was in love. As soon as I drove it I was mush. Goodbye Honda in less than a year...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I've been stalking the dealership's website for months and they posted two green Stelvios just this week. I headed down there this afternoon and the green excellent (as someone mentioned upthread, it's a racing green sort of color--similar to the green on Jaguars and some Minis.)

Anyway, they had a green model with the brown leather sport seats...gorgeous! Unfortunately, the salesman told me the manager had already arranged to sell it to a dealership out of state, as they didn't believe green would sell well here. ?

They did have another green one, but with a black interior. The black interior is nice, but I'm just tired of black interiors. I did, however, really love the red interior paired with the dark gray (a color that seemed meh online but looks so sleek in person.) Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I would have had a tough time deciding between the red and the green had the green been an option to order. Looks stunning in pictures

·
Registered
241 Posts
Take your time in deciding color combos MamaF. I jumped on the first Misano Blue sent to Austin, which had a black leather interior. I now believe Misano Blue with the brown leather would be better. And on the subject of the red leather, I saw it and love it. Grey paint and red interior are really, really nice.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Take your time in deciding color combos MamaF. I jumped on the first Misano Blue sent to Austin, which had a black leather interior. I now believe Misano Blue with the brown leather would be better. And on the subject of the red leather, I saw it and love it. Grey paint and red interior are really, really nice.
The Misano Blue is striking. My first thought was the green for sure but that blue, wow it pops. I thought my color choice would be easy but not so.....:smile
I'm a big fan of the brown color leather in the Alfa, some browns they have in cars now are more a reddish tone or saddle which I don't like as much as, I think it clashes with some exterior colors or at least I don't like the combo.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
go on Alfa's site, I believe on the configurator you can check which dealers have the specs you are looking for.
green/brown may not be too far away, and some will have it transported to you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
go on Alfa's site, I believe on the configurator you can check which dealers have the specs you are looking for.
green/brown may not be too far away, and some will have it transported to you.
My wife's first choice was Green/Chocolate but delivery would be in the fall so she went with Trophy White/Chocolate.

A great combo. Image attached.

-Tarry

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts