Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out for a Sunday drive in Jacksonville Florida. I saw a bunch of Stelvios on the dealer lot. I stopped and drove one. The next day I went back and purchased the car. I love the Stromboli Gray and everything else about this vehicle. I was too impatient to wait for the only option it didn't have. Yellow Calipers:sad
Has anyone purchased or replaced their original calipers?

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Stromboli w/yellow calipers

I was out for a Sunday drive in Jacksonville Florida. I saw a bunch of Stelvios on the dealer lot. I stopped and drove one. The next day I went back and purchased the car. I love the Stromboli Gray and everything else about this vehicle. I was too impatient to wait for the only option it didn't have. Yellow Calipers:sad
Has anyone purchased or replaced their original calipers?
Wise choice, InkPump!
Though this is a lovely Giulia, check out the gorgeous Stromboli w/yellow brake calipers. The interior contrast is stunning.
Marzio, from Padua - are you listening? This Alfa dealer is near you...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yes that beautiful. I'm not sure the painting solution is easy because they have the "Alfa Romeo" text inset on the calipers
I agree. Easier said than done. Doing the paint job right will almost certainly require removing the rotors. If you have gone that far, installing new calipers is not that much extra work. The issue may be that the cost of replacement calipers may be expensive.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the vesuvio grey with yellow calibres - it looks stunning. In fact, it looks so good the dealer has ordered his demo QV with this exact combination ;-)

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Being somewhat conservative, I at first thought we would skip them and go with the standard wheel but as things evolved we wound up with a stock Stelvio that met our wants and desires (Vusuvio/chocolate with yellow calipers and 20" Y-spoke wheels). I am sort of a wheel guy and am over the top thrilled with the open wheel styling and the pop of the yellow is just amazing and attention - getting in a way that is surprising. So in hindsight it worked out perfectly.

My wife, a complex thinker, has been ruminating about it after the fact (red, red interior, etc.) But for me I just love the drive and typically don't second guess a sound decision. No regrets.

I do believe that the finish is powder coat for potential heat. Options are try paint; replace the front face $$, or go aftermarket because Brembo is a purchased item you could find them (or wait for junkyard parts).

The Car looks beautiful as-is FYI. Good luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was wanting yellow calipers instead of red although I am happy with the red now.

One dealer quoted over $3,000 and another dealer in Houston said the dealer cost for the calipers was over $2,000, but they had several places that do a great job painting them for about $450.
'
Jeff

·
Registered
169 Posts
I’d agree you can have them painted and unless you’re tracking the car it will be very durable. I painted my wife’s on her Cherokee last year and it looks factory, of course I took the calipers and brackets off and did a few light coats, took about a day in all I think.
But a good shop could do the job for you, and you could likely get some vinyl AR decals to put on once the paint is dry.....again, it should be fine as long as you don’t track the car.

·
Registered
381 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts