Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all thanks in advance to any replies, I've looked through this forum for over a year now and have finally decided to buy a Stelvio Ti. My must have's are Misano Blue with the sport seats and a sunroof. I've looked through cars.com, cargurus, autotrader, vroom, shift, carvana etc, and it seems that there are a decent amount of Stelvio Ti Misano Blue with sunroofs for anywhere between 33-40k with 17-40k miles etc. I would prefer it to have android auto but it seems like only some of the 2018's have them, but all 2019s have it etc. Also not sure if all 2018 Ti's have the paddle shifters I'm guessing only the sport ti's have this? And finally, most used Ti's I see have most the options but if anyone can chime in on what they feel are some must have options (for me blind spot detection is desired etc) I'd really appreciate it! I had a hard time deciding between a white with red sport seat interior and a misano blue since I love that red interior but since I don't see hardly any Misano Blue Stelvios in southern ca, I'm going to go with this and hope I don't get a lot of paint chips etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You're not going to be able to get the sport seats without the sport package, so you'll get the paddle shifters (which are great) with them. I believe all cars in the US have blind spot monitoring, so you should be good there. I feel like the stereo upgrade is a must have, and it comes standard with the sunroof on Ti models, so you're probably looking at a Ti Sport to get the stuff you want.

The only other thing you have to consider is if you want the advanced driver assistance pack which comes with radar cruise control (great) and auto high beams (not great). IMO the spare tire and cargo convenience pack are not at all necessary.

Remember to test drive before you buy if possible, it's the best way to catch any serious reliability issues. Also look for cars that have had the OEM battery replaced, as it was never very good and led to a lot of issues for people.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Sport pkg includes the paddle shifters I believe, not the TI pkg.

IMO the only true must have is the car...everything else is your personal taste. The cheapest Alfa made still drives better then most cars of any price.

Would strongly recommend a paint treatment on the Misano Blue. Either pro or done yourself.

Battery replacement is a good tip.

·
Registered
Quadrifoglio
13 Posts
I used to have 2018 with blind spot monitoring but it was visual only, no audio. When I got my new Stelvio I really appreciated the audio with blind spot alert.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I can live without it, but the adaptive cruise is really good. In stop and go traffic, so much easier. If you like base seats but need some tilt to the base, centerline sells a nice set of seat spacers. 19” wheels are a good compromise for looks and performance/look. Late 18’s have CarPlay/AA. I am split on paddle shifters. I have learned to manual shift with the stick. Look at the car fax I would stay away from a car with lots of visits for electrical and software. I’d definitely want to test drive, my 44k mile Ti drives great. If brakes have not been done, expect that for a car approaching 30-35k miles. If brake fluid wasn’t flushed at two years, and at least oil changes on schedule, stay away. These cars def run smoother with 5k oil changes and the oil is critical to the multiair system control. Install a new AGM battery.

A real compact spare is a plus, seems like lots of cars didn’t get ordered with them and not cheap to acquire.

Reactions: ALFAOFFROAD

·
Registered
12 Posts
First of all thanks in advance to any replies, I've looked through this forum for over a year now and have finally decided to buy a Stelvio Ti. My must have's are Misano Blue with the sport seats and a sunroof. I've looked through cars.com, cargurus, autotrader, vroom, shift, carvana etc, and it seems that there are a decent amount of Stelvio Ti Misano Blue with sunroofs for anywhere between 33-40k with 17-40k miles etc. I would prefer it to have android auto but it seems like only some of the 2018's have them, but all 2019s have it etc. Also not sure if all 2018 Ti's have the paddle shifters I'm guessing only the sport ti's have this? And finally, most used Ti's I see have most the options but if anyone can chime in on what they feel are some must have options (for me blind spot detection is desired etc) I'd really appreciate it! I had a hard time deciding between a white with red sport seat interior and a misano blue since I love that red interior but since I don't see hardly any Misano Blue Stelvios in southern ca, I'm going to go with this and hope I don't get a lot of paint chips etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Make sure it's has an AGM battery replacement and not the standard OEM EFB, It'll save you a lot of problems

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One of the Misano Blues that you see in Shift is mine. I had posted here before selling to shift :)
Hey I just bought your old Stelvio off Shift and sent you a pm, will definitely post pictures once I get it delivered and ceramic coated nearby etc. Should of seen your posts here a month back as I'm also in Socal but alas, I'm just happy to finally be an owner of a Stelvio after wanting one for over 3 years! Thanks to all that replied to this message it was really helpful in narrowing down my search, I'll finally be able to contribute to this forum as an owner and not just questions about buying haha. I made a post here a few years back debating between a Stelvio and a Acura Rdx, no offense to the rdx but I'm very glad I waited for what I really wanted!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey I just bought your old Stelvio off Shift and sent you a pm, will definitely post pictures once I get it delivered and ceramic coated nearby etc. Should of seen your posts here a month back as I'm also in Socal but alas, I'm just happy to finally be an owner of a Stelvio after wanting one for over 3 years! Thanks to all that replied to this message it was really helpful in narrowing down my search, I'll finally be able to contribute to this forum as an owner and not just questions about buying haha. I made a post here a few years back debating between a Stelvio and a Acura Rdx, no offense to the rdx but I'm very glad I waited for what I really wanted!
I check Shift inventory every day to see if my old Stelvio is gone. Was surprised to see the status as 'sale pending' today. Saw your posts now. Replied to your PM

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
It did get reduced once for 1k so at least I saved on that, and the other 2 Misano blue ti sport 2019's I found (searched everywhere) were higher in mileage as well as in Connecticut and Orlando Florida so that's probably 1500-2000 for shipping to CA. There were about 10 different 2018 Ti Sport in Misano Blue but they were all the "B" instead of "C" designation on the vin so no android auto which was a big deal to me. Some real solid deals on 2018's Ti Sport in Misano Blue with low (20-40k) miles for just over 30k which to me seems like a steal for anyone else interested. I prefer Cargurus for the overall search as they came up with more listings overall.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts