Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went into my dealer for my test drive. I got an interesting answer when I asked about Car Play. They had told me last month that any new Stelvio ordered from December on would have it and were encouraging me to order my car of course. But what they did not clarify was whether that meant if I ordered it that it would actually be on the car and functional, or that I will get a car that is at least "upgradable" (which could mean indefinitely too) when (and if) it actually comes out this year early like they have said, or late fall like others have said. No clear answer.

So yesterday when I was in I pressed further, mentioned it would be on the Guilia and its actually on the winder sticker if indeed it was true. I also asked to see if it was on the order guide. They kind of brushed over it. They ensured me if I ordered it would "be on there" but again did not clarify functional or upgradable. I also mentioned the $200 charge to have it, again they had no comment on that.

Here's where it gets interesting. I had mentioned I might be interested in the green color for my Stelvio but wouldn't order it without seeing it personally on a car. On our drive to the dealership I did another search (I did one last month but couldn't find a dealer with green in stock to look at) and my dealer showed two greens in transit. So I asked when they would be there so I could come back to see them. They looked it up and said, oh they were supposed to be here December 11th, let me look into it. They came back and said, oh a whole block of stelvios are held up at Port Newark as we speak and they are putting the car play in them at the port! Good news or a load of bunk? I've definitely heard this happening (last minute port additions and fixes) with other brands so its not entirely far fetched to me.

So, they say the batch should now be arriving January 2nd, they are supposed to call so I can come in again and I will definitely get an absolute answer and make them show me car play if I can. According to them the car I am coming to look at should be getting it installed at the port "as we speak". I will believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
536 Posts
tho I have no interest in car play, if cars in transit can have car play added that would seem to de-bunk the "can't be installed by the dealer" thing.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please take a few photos of the green as that is a color I'm holding out for.
I thought I was the only one who loved that green :) My dealer has two loaded TI Sports coming in NJ (if you live anywhere near to look at it in person)but not my interior color they both have black (I have to have the chocolate brown if I don't wait for Lusso)

I definitely want to see the whole car in that color before I order.
I saw the Misano Blue and love that. That would be my back up color.
I will definitely take some pictures and post.

Another question the dealer couldn't answer was when the 2019's would be out. They mentioned they released the 2018 early in 2017 because they didn't feel the need to rush a 2017 model just to come out with the 2018 shortly after. SO they seem to think a late 2019 release but then again trying to get any accurate information from Alfa seems hard right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I’m waiting on a Stelvio that has apparently been stuck at the port in Baltimore for more than four weeks... seems odd that there would be a hold up in two different ports. As crazy as it seems, maybe they are adding CarPlay. That would be awesome!

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think it'd be highly unlikely for AR to even address the 2019 models with the 18s not long in the US showrooms. They've got a pretty big inventory of 18s so a late 18 date for 19s would seem reasonable.
I thought I was the only one who loved that green :) My dealer has two loaded TI Sports coming in NJ (if you live anywhere near to look at it in person)but not my interior color they both have black (I have to have the chocolate brown if I don't wait for Lusso)

I definitely want to see the whole car in that color before I order.
I saw the Misano Blue and love that. That would be my back up color.
I will definitely take some pictures and post.

Another question the dealer couldn't answer was when the 2019's would be out. They mentioned they released the 2018 early in 2017 because they didn't feel the need to rush a 2017 model just to come out with the 2018 shortly after. SO they seem to think a late 2019 release but then again trying to get any accurate information from Alfa seems hard right now.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it'd be highly unlikely for AR to even address the 2019 models with the 18s not long in the US showrooms. They've got a pretty big inventory of 18s so a late 18 date for 19s would seem reasonable.
Yes, that's kind of what the salesperson said pretty much. But I was curious (and worried) maybe alfa is waiting until MY19 to release the other packages. Lusso, and Car Play so wondered if there was any timeline on the 19's before I place an order..

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m waiting on a Stelvio that has apparently been stuck at the port in Baltimore for more than four weeks... seems odd that there would be a hold up in two different ports. As crazy as it seems, maybe they are adding CarPlay. That would be awesome!
Interesting.. when I first asked about the Green Stelvios arrival I casually asked where are the cars shipped to (what port) and they initially did say Baltimore. But then when they saw the new batch of Stelvios hadn't arrived on December 11th as they should have they went back and asked a manager I assume to come back to tell me the green stelvios (along with the rest of the batch) were in Port Newark (NJ) "as we speak getting car play installed at the port". Hmmm... wonder what is really going on with the Stelvios. Could it be that brake fluid thing maybe? I know they would be more apt to fix a recall like that in port then install an option/car play (which dealers could probably do easier).

Sorry yours is stuck..when did you order and when was its arrival supposed to be?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
June 2: We happened to be dining outside at http://www.schaeferscanalhouse.com as this freighter filled with vehicles chugged up the canal on the way to Baltimore - I snapped this with our oldest granddaughter. At the time, I'd never heard of Stelvio, but a good chance it was full of beautiful Giulia and Stelvios en toute to retail.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A dealer here in the UK has a Visconti Green car advertised for sale.
Thanks! That looks nice in the picture, more on the darker shade which I prefer. I saw the Mercedes Kryptonite green on a car and although when I saw it online I thought it would look great seeing the whole car in person was a little different, it was a little more a day-glo shade. The darker looks more luxurious IMO. Cant wait to see what the flake looks like in the sun on it in person.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I like the colour. Can't get it in Canada for some reason so it's not even a consideration for me.

·
Registered
111 Posts
So, they say the batch should now be arriving January 2nd, they are supposed to call so I can come in again and I will definitely get an absolute answer and make them show me car play if I can. According to them the car I am coming to look at should be getting it installed at the port "as we speak". I will believe it when I see it.
By chance, have they given you a call?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By chance, have they given you a call?
No, I checked with them today and no deliveries...according to their inventory they have quite a few in transit(Stelvios overall, 2 green ones but black interior :sad I want brown if I don't wait for Lusso)
They were supposed to be delivered December 11th. Wonder why they are stuck at the port so long?

·
Registered
111 Posts
No, I checked with them today and no deliveries...according to their inventory they have quite a few in transit(Stelvios overall, 2 green ones but black interior :sad I want brown if I don't wait for Lusso)
They were supposed to be delivered December 11th. Wonder why they are stuck at the port so long?
Perhaps has something to do with he brake recall?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts