Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it was cold and rainy here in the UK and my tire (tyre) pressure sensors started to complain early this morning. After work, I filled up the tires to their proper pressure and drove for about 15 minutes. Then parked the Stelvio for about 2.5 hours out in the cold and rain. I performed the remote start and got in the Stelvio. I noticed right away that the infotainment system was black. Pushed the start/stop button and still black screen. I attempted to turn it on but only the radio seems to work. The Bluetooth system works and the parking and backupsensors work but not the rear camera or anything else attached to the infotainment system.
Could this be a simple fuse or relay (I hope)? Or is this something a whole lot bigger???
Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Very confused at this time,
Mike
Monte Carlo Blue 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport Q4
Squadra Tune, SuperSprint Cat Back Race exhaust and BMC filter.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
battery? When was it replaced?
Alfie, new Bosch AGM H7 battery (5 months old). Shouldn’t be that. But you never know. I will check the voltage tomorrow after work just in case.
Thank you,
Mike

·
Registered
162 Posts
Try pushing down and hold down the volume button. IIRC you can turn screen off and on by doing so. Had same problem one time and I think thats what I did. One of those features you didn't realize you had. If you look in the manual it probably discusses how you can turn the screen off and on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you say the radio works... Does that mean you can listen to stations?

Have you tried to listen to any other sources?

Trying to narrow down if it's a screen issue or a larger thing.

Also... Yeah check your battery voltage just in case.
Alfaoffroad,
I hear the radio and can actually change stations with the volume knob. It turns off and on as well.
I can’t tell if there are any other selection since the screen is black. It doesn’t appear to have any other selections available. I didn’t test my Siri to see if it works or any other source of music would play. I will have to wait I until tomorrow for that test as well.
My phone connects to Bluetooth. No rear camera and no visual sensors. Only audio sensors.

I really hope the system doesn’t need to be replaced.

It is also raining a lot… for days.

I hope this help narrow it down a bit.
Mike

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Everything seems to indicate low voltage but enough to start the car. I don't believe there is a separate fuse for the screen only since i only see couple fuses that maybe related to radio and they are not for screen only. Screen off setting is a good source to check as well. If all that doesn't work, try resetting all system by detaching the negative for about 10-15 minutes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Everything seems to indicate low voltage but enough to start the car. I don't believe there is a separate fuse for the screen only since i only see couple fuses that maybe related to radio and they are not for screen only. Screen off setting is a good source to check as well. If all that doesn't work, try resetting all system by detaching the negative for about 10-15 minutes.
Alfie,
I will take her to a shop and have them test the alternator and battery for prober voltage and charging.
New battery should not be the cause but I have had a couple with bad cells before.

I will update tomorrow.
Mike

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
Let us know, I am leaning toward low voltage or bad insulation/moisture getting in and affecting the screen. Sounds like it works otherwise so it can't be the actual system.

... If the connections at the battery are a teeny tiny bit loose.... The humidity could be causing an issue too. That is a real outside chance but easy to check.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Try pushing down and hold down the volume button. IIRC you can turn screen off and on by doing so. Had same problem one time and I think thats what I did. One of those features you didn't realize you had. If you look in the manual it probably discusses how you can turn the screen off and on.

Same thing happened to me only four months after getting my Stelvio. I thought it was dead and I was furious. Then 14 year old kid solved the issue.😁

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, this morning all is good. The rain let up as well. I will have the electrical system check as a precaution. Just didn’t have the time this evening, life.
I will check out an area by the rear left side inside the hatch. There is a rubber piece that needed to be taken out and the dealer or factory had it sealed. I will reseal that anyway.
I will keep you posted on my endeavor.
Frustrated by how many little electrical issues this vehicle has. Anyway, love the Stelvio.

Mike

Reactions: Alfie

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thats good news. If it doesn't have an AGM battery in it replace it asap. Doing so will eliminate about 80% of the issues you may run into. My wife's Stelvio is 2 1/2 yrs old with almost 40,000 miles and zero issues. When the stork delivered her I made sure the varta battery was replaced with an AGM. Best of luck and happy motoring. Cheers

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thats good news. If it doesn't have an AGM battery in it replace it asap. Doing so will eliminate about 80% of the issues you may run into. My wife's Stelvio is 2 1/2 yrs old with almost 40,000 miles and zero issues. When the stork delivered her I made sure the varta battery was replaced with an AGM. Best of luck and happy motoring. Cheers
Monk,
Replaced the battery about five months ago with a Bosch AGM H7 (the UK doesn’t have H8). I hope it is good enough.
Mike

Reactions: shpuncik
1 - 20 of 25 Posts