Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Okay everyone,
I tested the charging system and it read 14.69v. I attempted to test the amperage but couldn’t figure it out on my Craftman voltmeter.
I checked the terminals and applied more dielectric grease to them to prevent moisture build up. Then cleaned the bolts that hold down the spare tire bracket and reassembled everything back while cleaning all the time, I am OCD (extremely OCD).
Then went to the the rubber piece the hides the rear tail light under the hatch and reapplied gasket maker to seal it back up. Checked and sealed the other side as well.
I looked under the hood at all the electrical stuff but I couldn’t see anything that stood out.

Oh well, my friend with an Audi Q70 walked by with his dogs and just laughed. The he said that he hasn’t experienced any issues with his car in the rain.

The pains of owning an Alfa…lol

Much appreciated for all the responses. Drive on and prosper. 😛
In two days, I will install my new Brembo rotors and new pads along with changing out the hose kit I purchased from Alfissimo, thanks Jason for a wonderful product!!!

See you again soon,
Mike

Oh, if you know the proper setting I should have had the meter on to the check the amperage, please let me know. I tied everything and didn’t get a reading at all.

Gauge Tool Motor vehicle Vehicle Measuring instrument

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Probably hasn't experienced any emotions while driving his car either. Particularly joy. :ROFLMAO:

Sorry couldn't help myself.
Are German vehicles allowed to have emotions???
There are a lot from my Stelvio…lol
Mike

·
Administrator
693 Posts
Oh, if you know the proper setting I should have had the meter on to the check the amperage, please let me know. I tied everything and didn’t get a reading at all.
That meter can only current up to 10 amps. To measure current you need to break a connection and insert the meter so that the current passes through the meter using the Amp jack and the Com jack. I would strongly recommend that you don't try. It won't tell you much more than the voltage reading, and the chance of killing the meter and possibly something in the car's electrical system is substantial.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts