Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Included in the Driver's Dynamic Assistance Package is an Infrared Windshield. Here is an interesting explanation for another 'surprise and delight' feature on what is a very well-equipped vehicle: https://www.safelite.com/windshield-auto-glass-technology/infrared-windshield-glass

Anybody have any experience with this type of windshield? Special care required? Is it passive or electronic in operation? Other than reflecting the sun's infrared rays to reduce cooling load in hot weather is there any other advantage to it?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Infrared windshield

Included in the Driver's Dynamic Assistance Package is an Infrared Windshield. Here is an interesting explanation for another 'surprise and delight' feature on what is a very well-equipped vehicle: https://www.safelite.com/windshield-auto-glass-technology/infrared-windshield-glass

Anybody have any experience with this type of windshield? Special care required? Is it passive or electronic in operation? Other than reflecting the sun's infrared rays to reduce cooling load in hot weather is there any other advantage to it?
I've got it and it's passive. So passive that I never noticed the heat reduction or anything else, lol.

And, no special care.

BTW, 2 month's I took delivery, I had my front windshield and both the driver's window and front passenger window tinted 50%. Keeps the car very cool on those hot days. (plus it looks great on the car)

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know if the coating is in the laminations, inside, or outside. One reason I ask is that using Stoner's Invisible glass (produced locally in Quarryville PA interesting to note), the surface had sort of a grainy feel- not sure if it is the material or a coating that I want to preserve.

It will be interesting to evaluate during warm months as my wife tends to get hot flashes at the first Ray of sun and a/c operation is a big deal to her.

Thanks as always.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts