Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on the Giulia forum about Centerline's seat tilt kit for the Giulia.
I know that my Stelvio does not have a seat tilt adjustment, but I still found myself reaching down trying to adjust it.
The angle of the stock seat with my leg length puts all the weight on my rear end and leaves a gap where my thighs should sit.

I saw people use a combination of washers and bolts to raise up the front of the seat rails and it sounded like a workable solution though not the most clean looking.

Also, the rails have a post the goes into the floor for what I assume would be increased strength for the shearing forces of an impact.

@JoeCab had not been able to test the fitment on the Stelvio yet and offered to let me test fit them.

I took a beautiful drive up to Centerline this morning and met up with Joe for a test fit on the Stelvio.
He was ready for me with the kit and the needed tools.

Short answer, it fits great on the Stelvio driver's and passenger seats.

Here is what comes in the box.

The stock bolts are T-50 torx head,
The new bolts for the front are 8mm hex.

Slide the seat all the way forward and raise it up . Loosen but don't remove rear bolts.
Slide the seat all the way back.
Remove the front bolts.

The weight of the seat will likely raise the front of the rails.

Fit the adaptor under the rails

Set both of the adaptors in place before putting the new bolts in.

Tighten the top bolts

Slide the seat forward and tighten up front bolts.

Spec for tightening the seat bolts is 30 ft pounds

All done....

Looks great and noticed a big improvement in comfort for me.

We grabbed another set and tried the passenger side.

It installed just as easy and fit just as cleanly on the passenger side.

Just FYI, here is a shot of the top of the passenger rail showing the stock T-50 head bolt.

Thanks @JoeCab for continually adding great new products and for being just an all around Great guy!

Parting shot of Joe's Giulia, so sweet!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello,
Nice post (y)
Thank you for writing up this post. I have the same issue with my seat, always trying to find a comfortable position. The seats have two bolts in the rear, did you have to loosen them up and installed spacers also? I want to get a set for my Stelvio.
Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,
Nice post (y)
Thank you for writing up this post. I have the same issue with my seat, always trying to find a comfortable position. The seats have two bolts in the rear, did you have to loosen them up and installed spacers also? I want to get a set for my Stelvio.
Thanks
Yes, loosen rear bolts, then remove front.
Reverse for install.

·
Registered
63 Posts
What!!! How much for this kit? I’ve been wanting something like this. The incline of the seat bottom has too much of a frontward tilt!

·
Registered
80 Posts
$59.95 plus shipping. I installed one on my Giulia Thursday, and it's worth every penny!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Was deciding if I am gonna sell my 2018, but if I keep this will definitely be going in. Awesome product for the “base” seats. I had washers under mine but this is so much nicer.

Reactions: Alfatrooper

·
Registered
154 Posts
I ordered two sets Monday in hope for a more comfortable driving experience. Waiting for it to ship as they ran out of packing materials.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice. For me the biggest seat issue is not going low enough.
I ordered from centerline last Monday morning and still hasn’t shipped. They blame lack of packaging whenever I ask. They said it would ship now several times but never does. I have never experienced this before with centerline.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mine came in a nice red square box. Really no need for such a fancy package; would have been acceptable in a plastic ziploc lol.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mitch will tell me it will ship out, joe the same. They give you today it will ,latest tomorrow, but still not shipped. I don’t understand because it seems a bubble pack would do or a shoebox with newspaper. Really frustrated by the continued delay. Even their website says they ship same day or next. i hoped it would have arrived so I could enjoy my stelvio even more. I understand shippers and their delays but no packaging? I am not in retail but Amazon boxes on a Friday recycle Day would even work for me.

·
Registered
1969 Alfa Spider 2016 Alfa 4c Spider 2020 Alfa Stelvio TI
23 Posts
Just installed mine works !!!! Make sure to torque it to avoid creaks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts