Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found a great local body shop and they installed my new headlights with the clear markers (instead of the typical North American amber ones) on my 2021 Stelvio Ti.

Kudos to Jason at Alfissimo who kept me in the loop the whole way during the shipment and always responded to my questions and made the whole experience enjoyable.

Here's a pic!

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Below, you can see how it used to look with the amber lights (and also before I added the satin-wrapped mirror caps and the chrome 'Centro Stile' badges on the front fender panels) the evening I picked it up in late April of this year:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

I just LOVE how sleek and sporty and consistent everything looks now! I am so happy with my Stelvio.

·
Premium Member
Super Wagon
313 Posts
I wonder if it’s possible to disassemble and remove/refinish the reflector?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it may well be; the determined handymen among us could probably do it with minimal fuss. However there is no part number for just the amber portion of the headlight assembly, it would essentially be performing "bathroom surgery" upon a fairly delicate part of your automobile.

Reactions: dwroman55

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
163 Posts
Found a great local body shop and they installed my new headlights with the clear markers (instead of the typical North American amber ones) on my 2021 Stelvio Ti.

Kudos to Jason at Alfissimo who kept me in the loop the whole way during the shipment and always responded to my questions and made the whole experience enjoyable.

Here's a pic!

View attachment 23251

Below, you can see how it used to look with the amber lights (and also before I added the satin-wrapped mirror caps and the chrome 'Centro Stile' badges on the front fender panels) the evening I picked it up in late April of this year:
View attachment 23254

I just LOVE how sleek and sporty and consistent everything looks now! I am so happy with my Stelvio.
What does it look like with the lights on? Do they remain white or do the markers light up amber?

Alfa romeo 164S, Giulia ti Sport Q4
175 Posts
I wonder if it’s possible to disassemble and remove/refinish the reflector?
Probably. Remember though, headlamps, and tail lamps are put together in clean rooms. Touch any of the silver on the inside and it will tarnish. Another issues is you could potentially cause a leak You can do it, very simple but might come with consequences.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks so much cleaner..

Did you do the install yourself and if so, how hard was it?
Glad you like it 🙌🏻🙌🏻

No I went to a body shop, as replacing the headlight assembly involves the removal of the bumper, and I have PPF on the front of my car so I wasn't willing to experiment with removing my car's bumper for the first time and potentially damage anything. Body shop has nearly 5.0 score with hundreds of Google reviews and did an excellent job on my 2004 Volvo S60 R (which you can see in the garage background) when it got into a rear fender bender a few years back, so I trusted them and they delivered.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
163 Posts
EU lights don't have side markers in headlights/tail lights like US so there is nothing to light up.
Thanks! When I installed clear European headlights on my older Expedition I installed Sylvania cornering bulbs that were clear when off but lit up amber when turned on. That’s why I was wondering. Here in the states federal law requires side reflector markers that light up amber at night.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Montecarlo Blue
224 Posts
Thanks! When I installed clear European headlights on my older Expedition I installed Sylvania cornering bulbs that were clear when off but lit up amber when turned on. That’s why I was wondering. Here in the states federal law requires side reflector markers that light up amber at night.
Did the same with my VW Passat.
Clear bulbs that light up amber.

So this mod for the Stelvio would not be street legal in US?

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
163 Posts
Did the same with my VW Passat.
Clear bulbs that light up amber.

So this mod for the Stelvio would not be street legal in US?
Not in any of 50 states. It’s a safety issue. Not saying you’d ever be pulled over for it, however it would be an issue if you live in a state that requires full vehicle inspections (not just emissions) for registration. Not to mention that it is a safety issue since it can confuse other drivers. In addition, if you are involved in an accident with either another vehicle or a pedestrian, not having the legal amber markers could be shown to be the proximate cause.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Such a nice stelvio @buzdo_99 . A favorite of mine that I have seen on the forums. I personally love the traditional rounded rims, which I have, but your rims makes me want to switch over. Silver rims with the yellow. So fresh looking. Have you thought about adding the tail lights with the mid section grayed out, like these? Or maybe you have them already. That would look really good.

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Grille

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Such a nice stelvio @buzdo_99 . A favorite of mine that I have seen on the forums. I personally love the traditional rounded rims, which I have, but your rims makes me want to switch over. Silver rims with the yellow. So fresh looking. Have you thought about adding the tail lights with the mid section grayed out, like these? Or maybe you have them already. That would look really good.

View attachment 23275
Hey @rewmeo, thanks!

No, I’ve actually never seen these lights! They look great. In which market are Stelvios sold with these lights?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hmmm ... not sure good question. I did see that Mopar has them. I have seen them on some euro sites also so could be another non-US part. Here is the Mopar link I saw:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmmm ... not sure good question. I did see that Mopar has them. I have seen them on some euro sites also so could be another non-US part. Here is the Mopar link I saw:

Thanks for the Mopar link; I wonder if they're the same as in this user's photo? Mopar describes these taillamps as "complementing the Nero Edizione" pack which my car very much does not have, mine has all the bright-colored/satin trim pieces...

·
Premium Member
Super Wagon
313 Posts
@buzdo_99 The “dark tailamps only come on the MY20+ TI Sport with Nero package. It says you should get them on the MY20+ QV’s if you spec the Carbon package, but mine didn’t from factory. I pointed this out to my dealer and they included the “Dark Taillamps” for free, which I thought was awesome (shoutout AR Strongsville).

I think they would incredible on your car! It’s difficult to see with mine being tinted (thinking about removing it), but it definitely adds some contrast vs stock.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@buzdo_99 The “dark tailamps only come on the MY20+ TI Sport with Nero package. It says you should get them on the MY20+ QV’s if you spec the Carbon package, but mine didn’t from factory. I pointed this out to my dealer and they included the “Dark Taillamps” for free, which I thought was awesome (shoutout AR Strongsville).

I think they would incredible on your car! It’s difficult to see with mine being tinted (thinking about removing it), but it definitely adds some contrast vs stock.
That’s true, it might look extremely badass! I’m just worried that it might look out of place as the only Nero element on a completely non-Nero car…

You’ve gotten me thinking, sir!

Do you know if the installation is easy? Just looking at the architecture of the tailgate it shouldn’t be too difficult. The headlamps were quite a headache to replace bc the bumper had to come off…(also my bumper has PPF, and the tailgate doesn’t, so I would be less worried about messing the film up)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts