Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -
Anybody have issues getting insurance?
A friend advised that his insurance company would not insure Alfa Romeos? He ended buying a Jaguar instead because of it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hello all -
A friend advised that his insurance company would not insure Alfa Romeos? He ended buying a Jaguar instead because of it.
Thanks!
I had zero issues switching over. I'm not sure why it would be an issue.

·
Registered
403 Posts
The insurance on my Stelvio is almost exactly the same in price from my GMC Yukon.

I did pay extra for the windshield as it being new the supply is basically dealer parts and its not cheap like a Yukon one is. I think it was $350 a year with a $250 deductible. Where i live you get hit with stones and kinda need a new windshield almost every year.

·
Registered
534 Posts
No issue with my insurance company. Less than a $100 a year more than my Mazda CX-9

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm in Las Vegas (expensive place for car insurance) and have USAA. There were no issues at all. I was actually surprised it wasn't much more than my 2014 Mazda6. Sounds like your friend should have changed insurance companies.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
We have USAA and were very pleased the rate increase was minimal due to the safety packages. I cannot think of one reason why this should be a problem for you unless they are confusing 'classic' Alfa with 'new' Alfa. I think you got some bad information. Good luck!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hello all -
Thanks!
Troll. Jaguar must be losing sales to the Stelvio. When insurance is available for Lotus Evora, it is available for every car. I am surprised at how low some people will go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no...definitely not a troll. This was a good friend and he was considering the Stelvio. Very strange. Winder what insurance he has now?
Anyway thanks for easing my fears. I will definitely be purchasing Stelvio but was a bit concerned when he said he had insurance issues.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Zero issues. My 6 month premium with Ameriprise went down by $170 when I got the Stelvio (replaced a BMW 3 series)

·
Registered
29 Posts
It would be interesting to know which insurance company gave him that story. I'm an insurance broker (40+ years on the commercial side) and coverage for the Stelvio shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If this post was turned around and the insurance company wouldn't cover a Jag so he bought an Alfa, then I might believe it. Otherwise, total BS!

Ask your "friend" and let us know what insurance company it is. Thanks.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Allstate told me my rate would only go up about $150 more per year....yet, 2 months in, I noticed the rate jumped up considerably. Ofcourse, they never notified me. I noticed the bump on an invoice.

I called my Allstate agent and said Allstate now classifies the Stelvio as an "exotic performance car." Sure, whatever.

AAA saved the day.

I saved $1000 and told Allstate GO TO ****.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Only downside is my wife is my broker and gets a copy of the sales invoice so it's not like I can downplay what I paid, lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts