Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport Vesuvio Grey
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that the tire pressure display actually shows my Stelvio's specific wheels, which is pretty damn cool! I was wondering, does the display show different wheels depending on what wheels the Stelvio originally came with?

· Administrator
707 Posts
The tire pressure senders are mounted in the tires, not the wheels.

Rectangle Font Paper product Brand Paper

Recently I had my tires rotated at the tire store where I bought them. Whoever did it, didn't check and adjust the air pressures. So the higher pressure tires that were in the rear were now in front. But the lower pressure front tires that were now in the rear were under the limit for rear tires and within an hour warnings appeared that both rear tires had low pressure. So I corrected the pressures after I got home.

· Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport Vesuvio Grey
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think he's referring to the display on the infotainment showing the wheels on his car.

What wheels do you have?

I have, and show, the 20".
Thank you for being the only one that understood my post, yes the display=infotainment. I have the 20" split-spoke silver wheels and that's what the infotainment shows, I was just curious if other Stelvios show any of the different wheels that were factory optioned.

· Registered
1,488 Posts
TPMS technology hasn't changed in years. I had a 2004 e46 wheels I installed on 2016 f85 temporarily expecting warnings but it read it perfectly. They looked very similar to the ones posted above

· Registered
197 Posts
Hi Just reviving this.
Wanted to double check that the system can auto-learn new, aftermarket TPMS sensors? I know everyone, here, says they can but i just bought some aftermarket 433mhz ones off of amazon for my snow set-up (21" OZ superturismo's) . Just to check i went to the dealer and, in addition to trying to hard-sell me on OEM sensors(yet on backorder) they said i can have the aftermarket TPMS installed (thought they strongly advise against aftermarket and have seen them not work) but then need to bring the car in for "re-programing" and it'll run me $270 for this (even though she could not tell me if the "re-programing" was through a standard OBD2 or Mulitscan magicery). Any insight is much appreciated and if i get it to work i'll follow up.

· Registered
138 Posts
Hi Just reviving this.
Wanted to double check that the system can auto-learn new, aftermarket TPMS sensors? I know everyone, here, says they can but i just bought some aftermarket 433mhz ones off of amazon for my snow set-up (21" OZ superturismo's) . Just to check i went to the dealer and, in addition to trying to hard-sell me on OEM sensors(yet on backorder) they said i can have the aftermarket TPMS installed (thought they strongly advise against aftermarket and have seen them not work) but then need to bring the car in for "re-programing" and it'll run me $270 for this (even though she could not tell me if the "re-programing" was through a standard OBD2 or Mulitscan magicery). Any insight is much appreciated and if i get it to work i'll follow up.
I installed sensors purchased off Amazon. Had them installed on new wheels and tires at Mavis discount with no problem.

· Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Montecarlo Blue
496 Posts
Hi Just reviving this.
I bought a set of tpms off ebay, put them on the rims myself before having tire store mount my tires.
They synced with the car within minutes. No programming necessary.

· Registered
310 Posts
Hi Just reviving this.
Wanted to double check that the system can auto-learn new, aftermarket TPMS sensors?
Yes, it does, and you don't need to use any tools to program the new sensors to the car.
Just install the wheels with the different sensors, and drive.

I bought a set of wheels with snow tires and aftermarket sensors for my '21 Giulia from Tire Rack, slapped them on the car, and drove, and within 3 miles, they were programmed to the car.

When I traded the Giulia in for the Stelvio, I had the snow tires from the Giulia removed, snow tires for the Stelvio installed, and then slapped the snow set set onto the Stelvio, and they worked just fine there, too.

· Registered
1,488 Posts
murphy's law...installed the 433 mhz sensors and they are not pairing with my '18 Ti Sport. Going to try a few things and report back, any ideas appreciated!
try taking the battery off the terminal? I guess that would force the car to reset with the tpms? Come to think of it, I didn't have that issue when I bought mine but I did buy ones from the tire place. I don't think they did anything at all but check for frequency. Did they activate the batteries in your tpms sensor? I wonder if that's the case

Anyhow, when I checked my picture of the tire pressure, 20inch wheel are on the display just like the one above. I had 19 inch on there now and had 18 inch. so seems like 20inch wheel is the default picture.

· Registered
310 Posts
murphy's law...installed the 433 mhz sensors and they are not pairing with my '18 Ti Sport. Going to try a few things and report back, any ideas appreciated!
How far did you drive with the new wheels and tires installed?

Also, do you have the link to Amazon where you bought them?
I'd like to look up the brand/model that you purchased that doesn't work.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts