Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
197 Posts
yep have driven it around pleanty (100 miles)
sensors below:
I disconnected the battery last night and reconnected, aired up one of the tires to over 39psi to see if it would trigger something but nothing.

· Registered
310 Posts
You can stop buy a tire store, like Discount Tire, Big O Tires, etc, and see if they can activate them.
Since they seem to be geared more for BMW or Mini, there must be something that has to be done to them.

I think if I were buying TPM sensors from ebay for an Alfa, I probably would have chosen these instead:

· Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Montecarlo Blue
496 Posts
These were what I bought.
No programming or activation needed.

From this post....

· Registered
2021 Stelvio
51 Posts
It should automatically detect the location of the sensor, after some driving.
but yes, they should have corrected the pressures I guess ;)
I just wanted to confirm this. Are you saying that if I rotate my tires, the infotainment just knows that I moved my front right tire to the rear left, for example, or do I need to update the computer somehow?

· Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Montecarlo Blue
496 Posts
I just wanted to confirm this. Are you saying that if I rotate my tires, the infotainment just knows that I moved my front right tire to the rear left, for example, or do I need to update the computer somehow?
Yes, they will adapt and pair on their own.
No programming or activation needed.

· Registered
886 Posts
Very interesting. I'm curious how that works. I guess they must have multiple receivers, one per tire. I'm used to a single receiver.
for general principle, see :
In addition, there's the info from the ABS sensors of course.....

Attachments

· Registered
197 Posts
yep have driven it around pleanty (100 miles)
sensors below:
I disconnected the battery last night and reconnected, aired up one of the tires to over 39psi to see if it would trigger something but nothing.
just to follow-up. replaced the other TPMS sensors above bought an amazon with these:
Did it though NTB for $150usd. Interestingly their "scanning tools" could not recognize if they were throwing a signal and of course said they could not reset, connect to, pair or really anything with the stelvio's "system" and had to sign few additional line-items to that affect, and at the same time they tried to imidietly push me into TPMS that they would guarantee to work for a cool $250 for the set. (these costs me about a c-note). But, good news, hopped in the car with the "bad news" and started it up and before i even moved the sensors were recognized and paired. As others here have stated, not just any 433mhz sensors will work so do your homework people...money spent, lessons learned

21 - 33 of 33 Posts