Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had issues with the carbon fiber piece below? I have a crack in mine but it seems "internal". The exterior is smooth to the touch and no signs of a crack etc. Underneath though it's definitely cracked? Wondering if this is defective or not. Kids are not old enough to mess around in the car and I can't think of any way this happened.

·
Premium Member
Super Wagon
327 Posts

Another member had a similar issue. I asked if he parked outside and he said that was the case. Interested to here if you are in the similar situation?

I had a SRT Jeep that had the same issue and I didn’t have a garage at the time… heat kills CF in FCA vehicles because it was a rampant issue on the Jeep forums as well

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The carbon fiber on both door panels have a crack in each of them. Alfa isn't sure they are going to replace under warranty.
I would reach out to @AlfaRomeoCares see if they can help. This is obviously a manufacturing defect. I always use a windshield visor when parked so there's never direct sunlight hitting it. This really baffles me because the crack is internal.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine did and I posted on this board. Alfa stood behind it and changed all my cracked panels under warranty. I had a good dealer, you could not tell anyone was in there. Panels are easy to change.
Cracking carbon fiber panels

Because my garage is filled with motorcycles and an old 911, I have to park the Alfa outside. I've since now use a sun shade. Alfa madness sells them to fit our cars. Slightly flimsy but does the job.

Reactions: dwroman55
1 - 8 of 8 Posts