Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paul Waterloo here.....you may know me from Audi or Porsche online forums over the years. I even owned a 73 Alfa spider for about 3 years before I sold it a few years ago.

My wife has a 2010 Audi Q5 prestige, we bought it used in 13? with 26K miles and it now has 84K miles, been absolutely a great car! Last year we were going to replace it and looked at all sorts of SUV's, all of them slightly used, Macan, MB GLC, Evoke, etc. Can't say that I liked any of them as much as our Audi. Then I went to the Audi dealer to get some parts for my S8 and saw the new Q5 on the floor....OMG, what a nice vehicle! And they are sticker priced about the same as the 2010 Prestige that we own now!

We test drove one, it's a great car, and just love the electronics. We were going to wait through the Chicago winter, drive it to FL for the month of March and then replace it in the upcoming months. While in Daytona Beach, FL, I know Ric of RML Motorsports, he is an old school Alfa man, has about 10 of them. He said we should look at Stelvio.

Well I did a few weeks ago, wow, great car! I love how it looks, that it doesn't have all the body lines that all the new models have, love the cockpit, the handling and the engine. The electronics have something to be desired, especially over the new Q5.

I've read the posts on this forum and it all seems great info. One reason I would consider the Stelvio is its excellent value right now. I have never leased a car before....but would even consider just getting a great lease rate and keeping it for 24 months and turning it in. I would definitely get the Sport TI with the $2500 quick pick page, the seats are awesome!

Anyhoo, hello! Here are a couple pictures of a cool looking one at the dealership in Napperville, they had the front windows tinted and painted the wheels. The pictures don't really capture the color of the car great.....but in the door jamb with the interior picture, it captured it very nicely.

We'll see what we choose.

The blue here in this picture is correct:

I just love the engine.....don't know why it has two coolant tanks.....but OMG, SO EASY TO WORK ON, so much room!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Big fan of the Misano Blue....But I find the all black interior a bit too drab....Interesting that this dealer has DARK 20 inch rims ? Normally those are Painted Silver....Picked up a Stelvio Ti Sport at the end of March...Sticker was 52840...incentives brought it down to 44777 !! Great value....Went with the White with the Red Sport seats and paddles and just about everything but the adjustable suspension (had to select from dealer inventory)...The Audi is fine...if you want to see yourself coming and going....D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alfaholico:

The dealer had the wheels painted themselves to make a custom "black package" by them.

I have to say that I like the chocolate interior the best, looked at the tri-color white with the chocolate interior.....have to stay it's stunning. Looked at a grey with the red interior.....don't know if I would want it long term.

Here's some pictures of my old Alfa:

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
PaulW- amazing pics thank you for sharing + welcome to the group. Obviously we're all biased in favor of the new Alfa + if you nod our way will enjoy your comments. Something great happening here if you opt to join the party!

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Just to add- Italian Motors in Naperville is a great source of accessories and I got a great impression dealing with Frank. Good luck- 4 leaf clover to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts