Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My iPod classic does not work in either my Giulia or Stelvio. Is anyone using a newer iPod successfully? Is it connected via the USB or BT?

Thanks, John

P.S. Yes I know that it is old.. :big-grin

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m using an iPod touch (an early generation touch) successful. It connects fine using Bluetooth and USB.
Thanks - that is what was hoping to hear. My classic is probably 10+ years old and just cannot be read by the Alfa system. AND.. my Galaxy S11 is too new to use favorites in the system. I need a Goldilocks solution!
John

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Classic no good. Touch does work, but not thru screen interface must control from Ipod. No reason they should not have tested ALL Ipods IMHO. Fnn Apple.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Classic no good. Touch does work, but not thru screen interface must control from Ipod. No reason they should not have tested ALL Ipods IMHO. Fnn Apple.
Thanks - I had not tried using the ipod itself. I just knew it would not recognize it through the screen interface. This just bums me out. I really like using that on trips.
John

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Took the old doesnt say what model it is ipod out of the old car.
It works. But if you want to change tunes via the car you have to go to a different screen, and then return to the play screen.
So "manual" use is more convenient, which is what it has in the 08 bmw.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've got a newer (last few years) iPod touch. It is quite a few clicks to switch and scroll through playlists (if that's your choice of organizing) but not too bad. I've taken to loading up just a few playlists because it's easy to switch and move forward a few songs (steering wheel buttons, volume button to the side, etc).

The one pain about the system for me is if I want to switch playlists, moving to the icon doesn't put you to the playlist listing where you were last to come in. You're back at the outermost one, have to scroll past artist/song/etc to playlists, and then you start at the top. I'd love to pick that and have you on the playlist you are currently playing, and then let you move back and pick another. Not start at the top of things.

Not really a big complaint. I just load up a few playlists with all the good stuff, and I name them "1", etc. so they roll to the top. They're what I listen to most anyway.

Either way, the touch works well but just gotta make the system work for you. : )

Sean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts