Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Base
3 Posts
My wife and I only purchased our 2018 Stelvio last weekend. When we test drove, the GM dealer had purchased half a dozen off lease. Leaving there, we saw one other Stelvio on the road. Last Saturday we drove diagonally across Ohio to trade our SRX for our Stelvio. Took a 300 mile route home. Did not see another. My wife spotted one today.

On the plus side, I stopped into my local Alfa/Maserati dealer to meet service rep. He could not have been more pleasant. I commented how quiet things were. He disagreed. He was booked up for the day. I made appointment to bring mine in for a re-programming recall. Couldn't have been nicer.

Today, two things happened that give me hope or at least make me hope this works for the long haul. First, my wife was headed to work today and was stuck behind a slow truck on ramp to I-77. Lots of traffic on the highway. She punched the pedal and off it goes. And this with the car in N mode. Acceleration and handling won her over. Second, I had I emailed asking about touch up paint as I have found two nicks in my 2 year old car. Today parts manager emails me to say alfa doesn't have do touch up but as a welcome/courtesy, their body shop will blend me a small container for that purpose. No charge.

These things make me hope and hopefully these realities will lead to some conquest sales/leases.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
On the plus side, I stopped into my local Alfa/Maserati dealer to meet service rep. He could not have been more pleasant. I commented how quiet things were. He disagreed. He was booked up for the day. I made appointment to bring mine in for a re-programming recall. Couldn't have been nicer.

Today parts manager emails me to say alfa doesn't have do touch up but as a welcome/courtesy, their body shop will blend me a small container for that purpose. No charge.

These things make me hope and hopefully these realities will lead to some conquest sales/leases.
I think you probably got a great deal for an amazing car. I just gave back my 2 years old Stelvio. Never a car has been more troubles free for me. The only reason why I returned it were the $33K that I had to pay to keep the car while the market value is lower in my mind. They didn't want to negotiate. My car had 16K miles and was virtual new with many options. It was also a good excuse to switch to a quadrifoglio. I was able to find a 2019 model with 300 miles and I got it at a great discount. Glad the dealer has been so nice with the paint. It is not true that Alfa doesn't have it, my closest dealer punched my VIN number and 3-4 days later mine arrived. Expensive at $30 but I guess Porsche is about the same price. You got a better deal. Also my new service guy is very nice. I bought my first car in Berkeley 2 years ago but during that time they openend one here in Livermore and they very helpful. Today, I saw a tad of coolant was missing and I bought a gallon but he offered to top up for free. I will definetely go there for my services even though I bought my car in Seattle where I found it.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Usually see at least 1/day now

·
Registered
6 Posts
While it's not relevant for US, Here in Aus after just buying a Stelvio QV I've not seen one on road EVER outside of a dealership and I live in an area full of Macan turbos, Range sports, q5s, x3s etc etc, Here's hoping they find a way to continue and improve on the Giorgio platform and reliability to grow as a brand

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
While it's not relevant for US, Here in Aus after just buying a Stelvio QV I've not seen one on road EVER outside of a dealership and I live in an area full of Macan turbos, Range sports, q5s, x3s etc etc, Here's hoping they find a way to continue and improve on the Giorgio platform and reliability to grow as a brand
I'm convinced that a Stelvio quadrifoglio will become a collectible item. I'm serious. For what is concerning the Giorgio platform I read some rumors that CFA is using it on the new Gran Cherokee

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm convinced that a Stelvio quadrifoglio will become a collectible item. I'm serious. For what is concerning the Giorgio platform I read some rumors that CFA is using it on the new Gran Cherokee
The New GC is overdue and I have also heard rumors they are taking some Alfa platform or engine too

21 - 27 of 27 Posts