Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Giulia Q2 loaner while my car was in the shop for the recalls. The Giulia has 9k miles on the odometer and the engine felt more "powerful" and "lively" compared to my Stelvio. When I got my Stelvio back, it felt anemic for some strange reason even on Dynamic. Is this just a matter of breaking in as my car only has 1.2k miles on it?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got a Giulia Q2 loaner while my car was in the shop for the recalls. The Giulia has 9k miles on the odometer and the engine felt more "powerful" and "lively" compared to my Stelvio. When I got my Stelvio back, it felt anemic for some strange reason even on Dynamic. Is this just a matter of breaking in as my car only has 1.2k miles on it?
Bumping it up...I am curios to know also if anyone can chime in an eleborate on the engine braking in period? I have some concerns about about how my Stelvio drives and was told that it’s the engine “braking in”- I am also just a little over 1k miles

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
break in periods aren't what they used to be, due to improved materials, machining, fuel management etc and a lot of the old cautions/procedures just don't apply
that being said, you don't want to cause excess heat by cruising at very illegal speeds, pulling heavy loads, accelaerting from low speed in high gears etc, and do want to vary the engine speed as opposed to 500 miles on cruise control.

yes,it should perform somewhat better after the new wears off.

others may have different opinions.

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Approx. 400 lbs difference + lower cog - seems about right to me. What is the issue guys?

·
Registered
169 Posts
By now it’s broken in, I have always thought the Stelvios were a bit slower than the Giulias, more weight, bigger tires, aerodynamics, etc.....so I’d say it’s normal.

·
Registered
174 Posts
What is the issue guys?
My Stelvio making ruff jerks once in a while for no reason...while slowly pressing gas or slowly applying brakes....I was told it’s engine braking in but now have doubdts. I don’t have any other sport cars to compare it to (could it b a sport car thing?) or a user error not sure....maybe there is something wrong with my engine or transmission?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts