Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer offered a 3 year maintenance from Alfa (oil change and regular maintenance only, no brakes etc like BMW) that can be used at any Alfa dealer, and includes tire and wheel protection package, dent/paint chips, for $1500. I heard the oil changes and regular maintenance are every 10k miles and could be $250 for the first one to $500 or more for the third one. Seemed like a decent buy. Anyone out there considering the maintenance pack or got the maintenance pack?

·
Registered
241 Posts
It may be a good buy for anyone who drives enough miles. I passed on the package because I'll like drive 5,000 miles per year, maybe 7,500 per year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking at 10k miles a year..have a 3 year lease for 30k miles..had run flat on previous BMW and with all the construction around Dallas, had to get new tire twice in the last 6 months so two expensive flats!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought the tire/wheel package, dent/paint chip package and key replacement.
Paid for it up front as to not be, added into lease.
No service plan as I am a low milage driver, less than 10k per year.
Living in Los Angeles there are lots of potholes that have ruined several tires on previous cars. 2 flats or bubbled side walls and scratched rims, pays for itself.
I think its a "good insurance" since I have the 20" wheel package.
Also parking lots in LA are notorious for bad parking, hence the dent package.
Your location and driving habits probably best determine if you would benefit from the packages.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
I bought the tire/wheel package, dent/paint chip package and key replacement.
Paid for it up front as to not be, added into lease.
Be careful, because one of us was lied to by our dealer. I did the same and then 3 days later the dealer made me come in and sign new paperwork refunding the protection package purchase, said it was invalid when bought outside the lease. for my trouble they screwed up the paperwork and added $500 to my $ down when they sent in the revised lease documents, which they had to pay for.

Before you ask, yes I could have added it to the lease, but that would have crossed a luxury sales tax price trigger which would have added an additional 1.5% to the purchase, and made the protection package not worth the money.

Reactions: kris2002
1 - 5 of 5 Posts