Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of my cars get the upgraded sound system and I am usually fine with it. I can barely hear the sub in this car even with the bass volume turned up to max. There is bass coming from the rear subwoofer but not much.

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio QV
59 Posts
It is pretty bad. Not a premium sound even with the HK upgrade. But you get a significant improvement if you adjust the fade by centering on the rear seats. I also like it better with surround enabled. There was a post about a month ago of someone beefing up the sub enclosure and he said it was much better.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yes, it’s THAT BAD. I put this together a while back:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the HK upgrade in my 2020 sounds great to me, but I don't have the volume turned up so loud that people at stop lights, roll up their windows.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This thread made me go through the Stelvio and Giulia forums to read through previous conversations about this topic.
One thing I found is is the suggestion to turn OFF surround sound. I didn't realize that there was a surround sound option with the HK system, and that it is defaulted in the ON position.
Anyway, I turned surround sound OFF and it makes a huge difference.
I had a [Bob Marley] song on with plenty of bass, and toggled the surround sound on and off while the song played. Huge difference.
Just my $0.02.

Ed

Reactions: Anunnaki

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio QV
59 Posts
Funny because i had the opposite opinion. Mine has much more bass with surround enabled. And again sounds much much better with fade/balance centered on the rear seats. Got that advice from other threads as well. Guess it just proves once again that we are all different.

·
Registered
2019 Nero Edizione Stelvio Ti Sport Rosso Competizione
18 Posts
If you are turning your bass up to max and not hearing it you clearly have a problem. Some people might not think it’s the ultimate premium system, but it does have sufficient bass to be more than adequate.
I just moved from a Giulia to a Stelvio. Both had the HK system and the Stelvio sound is noticeably better - probably because of acoustics. I think it’s actually pretty good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts