Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I checked this out with my service department. Here is what they said. The car has lots of heat sensors for the engine, transmission and the rear end. They claim that this warning is not correct as if there were a real problem the indicator lights in the dash for these different components would be illuminated. I too was concerned that I might be driving the car when hot, but they insist this is not the case. I asked about a software update to fix this, but I have not heard anything yet.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Now for an additional comment. I have had my QV for about 6 weeks and the more I drive it, the more I like it. I just found an 'ideal' seat position yesterday (pretty crappy that you can not change to a different seat memory stored in the car if you are moving). There are a few quirks that make no sense to me, but mostly is sees about as good as any other premium car I have owned in terms of early defects, rattles etc. It is just more fund to drive, it feels a bit smaller than its size than with the MB, BMW, and other competitors did IMHO.

All that said, to let a car of this price go on sale with such a silly defect that tells users their transmission and differential are overheating , I don't know what to say, but it is pretty silly. No wonder they have a poor reputation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts