Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The memory seat can not be activated until you are in the car and press the start button. The problem arises when my wife leaves the car with the seat up and forward. The comfort movement does not move the seat back far enough for me to get in. I must place the key on the dash, press the start button and then recall my memory position. Finally, I shut the car off, the comfort seat moves back and I can get in.

Shouldn’t the memory seat be available as soon as the door is opened? Is this a problem with my car or is this Italian design?
Thanks for any comments!

·
Premium Member
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Don't hold me to this but you may want to investigate fob #1 vs. #2- in my previous GC, the memory was tied to the fob. In that case you would simply press unlock from the associated transmitter down to the radio pre-set. Good luck. As I am typically the only driver not an issue here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The memory seat can not be activated until you are in the car and press the start button. The problem arises when my wife leaves the car with the seat up and forward. The comfort movement does not move the seat back far enough for me to get in. I must place the key on the dash, press the start button and then recall my memory position. Finally, I shut the car off, the comfort seat moves back and I can get in.

Shouldn’t the memory seat be available as soon as the door is opened? Is this a problem with my car or is this Italian design?
Thanks for any comments!
I’ve noticed this intermittently also. I’m going to try to figure it out as sometimes the preset buttons work and sometimes not. Have you had further information? Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
For me, the only time the presets don't work is if the car is rolling, which makes sense. I think if you are going slow, like under 5mph, they still work. Otherwise, with the car off, if I open the door and the lady friend has left the seat in a forward position, I can hit the button and the seat moves back to my setting so I can actually get in.

·
Registered
130 Posts
For the seat not going back to the comfort exit try standing outside the vehicle and moving the seat all the way forward and then all the way backwards. Then press the memory seat button to put it back into position. Start the vehicle, put the transmission in drive or reverse and then into park. Turn off ignition and the seat should move back to the comfort exit position. Give it a shot, it worked for me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine works the same as the OP, memory preset buttons only function when the ignition is turned on. When getting in after my wife I just use the manual control on the side of the seat to move the seat back, start the car, and then press preset #2. I wonder if presets working only with the ignition on are another pre 12/11/17 build difference.

This post touches on two of my biggest complaints with the Stelvio. 1 - Not being able to link the key fobs to separate memory profiles. 2 - Not being able to disable comfort exit (I believe this is possible with the newer firmware but not for those of us with pre 12/11/17 builds).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts