Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are enjoying the chocolate brown interior and in bright light the depth of the paint with subtle bright metalflake is very attractive. There are no bad colors in the Stelvio portfolio.

Attachments

Reactions: Marco and zvezdah1

·
Registered
250 Posts
We are enjoying the chocolate brown interior and in bright light the depth of the paint with subtle bright metalflake is very attractive. There are no bad colors in the Stelvio portfolio.
A fine choice of color combos - this is my current (car) setup - a metallic black with incredible flake and a beautiful brown leather. What color is your car and what color flakes do you see in the paint?

I would love to wait out the Lusso model but if Carplay comes much sooner I will probably cave and get TI sport with the chocolate brown - love it -and so comfortable.

I'm glad you started this thread about the Alfa paint colors - most are truly stunning. I will have a hard time deciding on the exterior color. All the other CUV/SUV's I've been interested in have the most boring colors..Ive almost pulled into my Mercedes dealer a few times to buy a Kryptonite Green AMG GLA (too small for my needs unfortunately) they had out front..which brings me to the Stelvio green

OMG am I the only one in love? Wow! Talk about a head turner -so much so I might balk at getting at it, a little TOO much attention.
Then there's that Misano Blue..when I looked at the color palette online and saw the color practically pop off the page I thought, no way its exaggerated. Well not so, you can see in the photo posted in here by the person who got that color that it absolutely pops. Wow again.
Then there's the recent photo of the red - my goodness what will I choose?!?
Only surprise is there is no Ferrari yellow.
Tough choices :smile

All the colors look fabulous on a fabulous looking car!

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mmoretti: The exterior color, Vulcano Black, has beautiful depth and metalflake of primary colors (reds, blues, golds) - it is striking and subtle. The dealer(s) we visited had excellent inventory of all of the various color combinations. As much as I love the Italian RED interior color, the chocolate brown was very elegant and soothing (I lean to the overstimulation side) so we both agreed on that. I did NOT want a sunroof, further limiting choices but we wanted the safety packages and especially the Satellite radio (which requires 8.8" upgrade to stereo). Even then there were quite a few to choose so we narrowed it down to the Vulcano/Vesuvio/Stromboli and Silverstone-- (4) identical cars equipped the same-- all with yellow calipers. Every single color was stunning in itself and my wife was unusually undecided which she liked best so I made the final decision. Trust me, given the amazing color options, color was the hardest part of the transaction!

Reactions: JnDRader and 1929

·
Registered
250 Posts
mmoretti: The exterior color, Vulcano Black, has beautiful depth and metalflake of primary colors (reds, blues, golds) - it is striking and subtle. The dealer(s) we visited had excellent inventory of all of the various color combinations. As much as I love the Italian RED interior color, the chocolate brown was very elegant and soothing (I lean to the overstimulation side) so we both agreed on that. I did NOT want a sunroof, further limiting choices but we wanted the safety packages and especially the Satellite radio (which requires 8.8" upgrade to stereo). Even then there were quite a few to choose so we narrowed it down to the Vulcano/Vesuvio/Stromboli and Silverstone-- (4) identical cars equipped the same-- all with yellow calipers. Every single color was stunning in itself and my wife was unusually undecided which she liked best so I made the final decision. Trust me, given the amazing color options, color was the hardest part of the transaction!
Sounds nice. I've only seen a white and the Montecarlo Blue at the dealership (and in the dark) Try taking a close up photo of the flake in the paint if you can. Looks really cool. Here's my metallic black, when the sun hits it literally sparkles, can see it across a parking lot :smile

Highly recommend Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax for black cars paste wax. First hit it with the Pinnacle Paint cleansing lotion, then after(paste wax) top it off with their Spray wax. $$$ But unbelievable 3D effect on the flake suspended in the black paint in the clearcoat. I've had a few black cars and first time I tried it, the best I've used. I'm trying to not get sucked into another black car because as you can probably see I'm a little obsessive with keeping it clean.

Agree I like the more "solid" interior color schemes. Not sure what these manufacturers are doing with the multi-colored interiors, way too busy for me and like you said, not soothing at all :smile BUT, I tell you, if I were to get the racing red I would have to get the red seats, its just goes with the whole "look" IMO.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wife took this pic with her I phone- very similar to yours. One of the cool surprise and delight things the dealer did for us was to have it coated with "Glass Coat" inside and out, perfectly detailed (after we had a small issue). Thanks for the advice + I am meticulous about care + maintenance- one reason we decided to go 'new' with this purchase. (Don't tell her I posted the delivery pic- she doesn't like it but it's good of the car LOL)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We had it blessed on the way out of the dealership. Even He was moving up from the 500L he was driven around in back in 2015. Plenty of room in the back seat of the Stelvio for his entourage.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wife took this pic with her I phone- very similar to yours. One of the cool surprise and delight things the dealer did for us was to have it coated with "Glass Coat" inside and out, perfectly detailed (after we had a small issue). Thanks for the advice + I am meticulous about care + maintenance- one reason we decided to go 'new' with this purchase. (Don't tell her I posted the delivery pic- she doesn't like it but it's good of the car LOL)
Told my wife first thing when we get ours is to get it home and I'll be putting a paint coating on it. They last between 6 months to a couple of years depending on which kind you get but make washing it a breeze. I'll also at least check into the cost of a protective wrap for the front end, hood, and mirrors.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wow! That is a lot of flake! Must look awesome when the sun hits it.

Anyone else with a metallic color care to post the flake colors of the paint? I'm curious as to what is in the metallic grays and blues, brown, green and the red too, not sure how many colors are in the forum..

Wish there was a dealer with all the colors on display to see, looking at a swatch doesn't always give the right effect of the whole car painted, I like to compare the colors against all the actual trim and taillights of the car... I say I like that green color (on paper) but what would the whole car really look like? Sometimes the color doesn't translate as well to the actual car and looking at it everyday...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Told my wife first thing when we get ours is to get it home and I'll be putting a paint coating on it. They last between 6 months to a couple of years depending on which kind you get but make washing it a breeze. I'll also at least check into the cost of a protective wrap for the front end, hood, and mirrors.
You should clay bar all the contaminants off the paint first before you put on the sealer... Maybe the dealer prep will include this?
Run your hand across the paint gently, is it smooth or does your hand "catch"? If it catches you need a clay bar

I'm not sure how the Stelvios are delivered to the US but if on railway you will get contaminants embedded into or stuck on the paint a lot of time. I hate having to take delivery of a new car in winter when I can't do my own prep on it and have to watch all the salt and dirt on my brand new car..

·
Registered
378 Posts
POST the interior pics!!

It would be great if you can open the car doors and take photos of the dark brown interior with the Black exterior showing so everyone can see the contrast.
Great color combo... congrats!

Reactions: Scalewoodman

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had my car treat with Gtechniq Serum wasn't cheap buts its brilliant takes me 20 mins to wash and dry to a glorious shine.
MY Trofeo white sparkles like a pearl with greys and shades of white. Stunning

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had my car treat with Gtechniq Serum wasn't cheap buts its brilliant takes me 20 mins to wash and dry to a glorious shine.
MY Trofeo white sparkles like a pearl with greys and shades of white. Stunning
Can you see it in a picture? That's the upgraded white right? Dealer only had regular white to see and the Montecarlo Blue...

·
Registered
111 Posts
You should clay bar all the contaminants off the paint first before you put on the sealer... Maybe the dealer prep will include this?
Run your hand across the paint gently, is it smooth or does your hand "catch"? If it catches you need a clay bar

I'm not sure how the Stelvios are delivered to the US but if on railway you will get contaminants embedded into or stuck on the paint a lot of time. I hate having to take delivery of a new car in winter when I can't do my own prep on it and have to watch all the salt and dirt on my brand new car..
I'm intimately familiar with a clay bar at this point lol! Wash it, clay bar it, polish it, seal it. Takes me an entire day to do it right. I need a smaller polisher to get most front bumpers as they have too many edges and angles. Maybe I'll convince the wife that I truly "need" one to make her Stelvio look its best lol!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Can you see it in a picture? That's the upgraded white right? Dealer only had regular white to see and the Montecarlo Blue...
We just saw every color but the green yesterday afternoon. The Trofeo white is beautiful. Trying to convince my wife to go Trofeo with brown interior. If not, it'll be Vesuvio with the red I think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts