1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

in the middle of my install using this video as a guide (
)

and while I found the intake manifold sensors, I can’t identify the other 2 that’s suppose to plug into the T-map sensors. It appears to be different on the stelvio.

I’ve attached 2 pics of sensors that might be it. One is a lot closer and super accessible. The other is way farther down. Anyone know which is correct?
Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

Hand Helmet Arm Leg Automotive tire

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Quadrifoglio
357 Posts
Do yourself a favor and remove the air filter box. Once removed, it is easy to find them, disconnect and attach your JB4. Looking for some pictures for my next post...but in the meantime, take the air filter box off. :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Found it and I marked the position of the connectors.
Worth noting that it is easier if you also remove the "Y" air collector, the one that joins the two air ducts from the front.
The connector with the "rainbow" wires is not shown in the picture because of the camera angle, but I marked where you will find it.
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive air manifold Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks dude, I took a closer look and the sensor farther away from me only had 2 wires connected to it and appeared to me the diverter valve.

so I connected it to the one close and accessible and started it up, and no error codes.

and your pic for whatever reason looks different from my engine bay Lol. How does the air filter come off? I managed to connect everything without taking it off😂

·
Registered
357 Posts
I was building a home made cold air when I took that picture, all intake ducts and airbox were removed, that's why things look different.

Are those cables for PC connection? I got the one with the Bluetooth so it looks different.

As far as "mounting" it, I wrapped it in a cleaning rag and tucked it to the right of the engine bay. Wrapped it to avoid vibration and hearing metal clunks form time to time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here’s where I plugged the t-map sensors
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

would I get error codes immediately after starting if I got those connectors are wrong?

unfortunately I also discovered that my JB4 is still owned by the previous owner so I can’t connect via the mobile app

·
Registered
357 Posts
Those connectors are interchangeable, the other two are not but you'd get an error.
I didn't think these units have any blocks. It doesn't ask for a S/N synch when first connecting (I don't recall).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks pocholin... I'm aware about the t-map sensors being interchangeable, I meant if I didn't connect the t-map sensors to the correct sensor to begin with... would I get an error? My bad for not being clear about that.

The reason I ask, is because I noticed there's another 3 prong connector near the area (you can actually sorta see it in my previous pic, the right angle connector and the very top/center of the pic) and got concerned that I got it all wrong.

That said, I did start her up and went for a quick drive and have no errors so.... I hope I got it right lol.

I just need to figure out what that other module is (the thing that appears to also connect to ODB2 port). The crazy thing is when I went to run the JB4 ODB connector, I saw that the previous owner has the same module already connected.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts