Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got my new Tri coat trofeo stelvio ! Had to sooth my soul after Selling my 17 dodge viper acr( Barrett Jackson) bit of a change for me but absolutelyLove this car but... at 200 miles thew a TAC code ..(in sport mode .. paddle shifting in 3rd gear 5000rpm.. then poof... drivable but lost all Modes.. please tell me this Isn’t a chronic reliability problem with this gorgeous vehicle. Gonna dealer it in am. Had this one delivered from dealership new in Illinois but luckily have one local. Gotta love electronics ... help anyone ?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey guys just got my new Tri coat trofeo stelvio ! Had to sooth my soul after Selling my 17 dodge viper acr( Barrett Jackson) bit of a change for me but absolutelyLove this car but... at 200 miles thew a TAC code ..(in sport mode .. paddle shifting in 3rd gear 5000rpm.. then poof... drivable but lost all Modes.. please tell me this Isn’t a chronic reliability problem with this gorgeous vehicle. Gonna dealer it in am. Had this one delivered from dealership new in Illinois but luckily have one local. Gotta love electronics ... help anyone ?
Sorry to hear that..Only one way to tell is to scan the OBD system to see what codes come up.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
it isn't a chronic reliability problem - but some new vehicles sometimes have a pita thing appear.

"Gotta love electronics'- yup

·
Registered
61 Posts
Same thing happened to me five hours after delivery, then two weeks later. First suspected to be bad battery, second faulty wastegate actuator. I’m having hope that it’s just gremlins that have to be discovered. If it didn’t drive so doggone good I’d lose patience.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I had something similar when I was, ah, testing the handling in the snow, for science. Limped home, shut it down for an hour and on "reboot" all was normal. Hasn't happened since and I may have done some additional handling science since with no issues.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had that happen a couple weeks ago. The dealer said the controller was faulty and replaced it. It was about a 2 day turn around and so far I haven't had any issues, but others have had their error traced down to a bad battery.

If you search the forum you'll see a couple other threads about it.

Welcome and congrads on the purchase!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had that happen a couple weeks ago. The dealer said the controller was faulty and replaced it. It was about a 2 day turn around and so far I haven't had any issues, but others have had their error traced down to a bad battery.

If you search the forum you'll see a couple other threads about it.

Welcome and congrads on the purchase!
Thanks man... love the car. 1st alpha ever. Bummed about this Throttle thing tho. Still doing upon restarting this am. Getting into dealer this Friday. Still can drive as light is solid , not flashing but all modes are disabled so o guess I’m driving in some sort told hibernation mode lol. Maybe same issue ?? I wonder if this is a recall in the future as seen a few w similar probs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same thing happened to me five hours after delivery, then two weeks later. First suspected to be bad battery, second faulty wastegate actuator. I’m having hope that it’s just gremlins that have to be discovered. If it didn’t drive so doggone good I’d lose patience.
Are you still having probs with it. Restarted this am. And Warning still solid .. at least not flashing. Car is drivable but in back up mode. Dealer scheduled this Friday. Ughhh

·
Registered
290 Posts
Remove terminal from battery for 15-20min and then reconnect. That will get you a nice hard reboot before dealing with the dealer. Depending on how long your car was sitting, it may need a battery replacement. There was an issue with the original batteries and different ones are being installed now to remediate the issue. Some people never had the issue with the originals.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I couldn't read past Viper ACR!
yea.. miss that beast tons... only 10 of my model made as well so made it even more difficult to part ways but felt that the quad was a practical solution .. drivable, larger and well.. kick ass performance!

On side note looks like stelvio is done at dealer .. got call yesterday .. had to replace the selanoid that controls boost into turbo ! I’ll find out more specifics when meet with mechanic this weekend but threw at least 9 codes leading all the way up to turbo charger. This was the very 1st stelvio q4 that they ever seen with this issue. At least at this dealership. I’ll get back with ya all on specifics and all codes tossed but driven and seems to be in order ...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Funny how Stelvio would walk the Viper though...technology is a bitch

1 - 13 of 13 Posts