Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a K and N filter off amazon for my 2019 Ti, didn't know about the BMC or Sprint ones until I looked at this forum haha. Should I just return the K and N and get a bmc or sprint? I'm not expecting any vast difference in hp or noise but is one generally considered a more performance based filter to actually feel a difference over stock air filter?

·
Registered
750 Posts
K&N is very very similar to BMC. Both 4 layer cotton gauze with offset stacking of layers. Both oiled. Both supposedly filter to 7 micron.

Sprint is a single layer race filter that only filters down to 70 micron.

All of them will filter worse than the oem filter amd give you no measurable performance gain.

·
Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Lusso Verde Visconti
83 Posts
I'd keep it if you plan on keeping the Stelvio long term just to keep an air filter from going in the landfill every time it needs to be changed. I've logged over 400,000 miles in various vehicles with K&N filters and never had an issue.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Ti Sport Vesuvio Grey
42 Posts
I just installed an AFE ProDry S filter. It filters as well as OEM paper but supposedly flows slightly better. It's typically not an issue but I simply don't like the idea of using oil in the intake tract.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts