Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a source for a blank for the key for the Stelvio (the one inside the key fob)? I need to make a duplicate.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lazer-cut key as far as I know, dealer can likely order you one by the vin number. You should have one in each key fob.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I want a duplicate so when I go surfing, I can tie the key in the pocket of my boardshorts. The key int he FOB does not have a hole in it to attach a ring.

I did some research. It seems it's a Giberto (maker of the FOB). I found this link to a UK site that has a Fiat key that sure looks like it.

Silca SIP22MHK Keyless Electronic Key for Fiat | FIAT | Car Keys | Vehicle Keys | www.keytrader.co.uk

If anyone knows what the blank is, please let me know.

I'd order from the dealer but I suspect it will be >$200.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just drill a hole in one of your blanks, or stop by the dealer and ask them to do it for you, there’s no security chip in the key so no worries that you’ll damage it. Keep in mind you won’t be able to use power locks to lock your fob in the car, but you can use the blank to do it from outside.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Cheaper to go to Dangerous Things and get an RFID implant cloned to your keyfob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts