Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 Ti Sport vehicle in Florida that I'd have shipped. MSRP is $57,200 and the dealer wants me to go first with a price. Usually the one who goes first loses, but not if the number is really low!

I do need it to pencil out with shipping of $2,300. What price would you name?

Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
Well they want you to play the game, 35k 馃榾

I bought mine in January, TI Sport 2021. Almost all options no black package as I didn't want that. MSRP was a little more. I did get $500 true car cash, FCA program, and came out around 49k. I think those deals are gone now, but who knows. I put everything I had to the sales guy and he came back with a number, I got another $500 off what they originally gave me because I took a car that just fell through that day on a deal.

Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
I think true car is lagging. Just negotiated an XC90 and they are flying out of dealers. Had to use wife's teacher cash plus a-plan to get the price down. I saw people just paying MSRP. The Hyundai telluride by us has a 5k dealer option on it for just being a telluride. Really need someone who has some inside scoop to see what dealer cash they are getting from FCA to push the cars. That I don't know. You can always throw 45, 760 at them first. That's 20% off. If you throw 52k at them your going to pay no less than that, and they will want their pound of flesh from you.

Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
See if leasehackr has any additional pricing quick search there showed this:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim:2021 ti sport loaded
MSRP: $58,970
Selling Price:52,000
Monthly Payment: $534
Drive-Off. 940]
Rebates 6500
24 month. 12k miles
Includes tire wheel protect
62% Residual (upload://pBqGuavLfT2r3ukv2L8MInEYiWT.jpeg)

Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See if leasehackr has any additional pricing quick search there showed this:

Year, Make, Model, and Trim:2021 ti sport loaded
MSRP: $58,970
Selling Price:52,000
Monthly Payment: $534
Drive-Off. 940]
Rebates 6500
24 month. 12k miles
Includes tire wheel protect
62% Residual (upload://pBqGuavLfT2r3ukv2L8MInEYiWT.jpeg)
Thank you! I know where I live, the residual is more like 51%. Will check leasehackr.

Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
Find your own shipping company. I have got quotes from Florida to LA, for around $1000-1200. Dealer wanted the same, as you mentioned. They want to profit from that too.

Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, I opened with 20% off ($46k) and they came back with $50,000. I'm actually surprised at how far they came down. I'm now shopping this around to see who will beat the price. I should be used to it by now, but I'm still surprised by how poorly some sales people handle a buying customer. It's been like pulling teeth getting responses from some.

Find your own shipping company.
Great advice! Who did you use, and did you do enclosed shipping?

Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
I have ended up buying locally, but from easyautoship, I have got a $1174 all inclusive price quote. Half what the dealer offered.

Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
20% seemed to be good enough to not insult :).

50k isn't bad. Just be carefult if its the car you want and there aren't others around.

Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
20% seemed to be good enough to not insult :).

50k isn't bad. Just be carefult if its the car you want and there aren't others around.
Four other dealers have cars I'd happily buy, but 3 of them are incommunicado, including in my home town of Seattle. I'm on the verge of asking to work with someone else at these 3 dealerships. And maybe this is why the brand is not bigger in the US!

Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
That is common now, they just ghost you as soon as you start talking #s. Went through this with a particular swedish brand. Spent 3 hours and the guy wouldn't show me the sheet I qualified for and kept saying i gave you the best, but they didn't. Left after 3 hours, later found the car we wanted at their sister dealer and was out in 2 hours. Most folks I heard buying were basically doing MSRP - "known" incentives. That's it.

Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is common now, they just ghost you as soon as you start talking #s. Went through this with a particular swedish brand. Spent 3 hours and the guy wouldn't show me the sheet I qualified for and kept saying i gave you the best, but they didn't. Left after 3 hours, later found the car we wanted at their sister dealer and was out in 2 hours. Most folks I heard buying were basically doing MSRP - "known" incentives. That's it.
It's shocking since these folks are supposed to be in sales. The Seattle sales person ghosting me is allegedly a sales manager of some sort.

Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
The guy had started off with 4 square technique. That's when I knew there was going to be an issue. I wouldn't tell him a monthly payment, a down payment or anything. I said I only deal with the price of the vehicle. Honestly I think he got lost, kept running to the sales manager for pricing. I thought soon we would be writing things on paper and crossing it off as he disappeared. What a mess, I blame it on their sales training. Another place, KIA, said they didn't know what the Kia employee purchase program I qualify was, then a sales manager came out and played dumb. We left and probably would have purchased if they did the right thing.

Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The guy had started off with 4 square technique. That's when I knew there was going to be an issue. I wouldn't tell him a monthly payment, a down payment or anything. I said I only deal with the price of the vehicle. Honestly I think he got lost, kept running to the sales manager for pricing. I thought soon we would be writing things on paper and crossing it off as he disappeared. What a mess, I blame it on their sales training. Another place, KIA, said they didn't know what the Kia employee purchase program I qualify was, then a sales manager came out and played dumb. We left and probably would have purchased if they did the right thing.
I had not seen the 4 square technique as I haven't set foot in a dealership for anything but paperwork/pickup but, yeah, that would be a red flag. The guy who quoted me $50k tried to get other irrelevant info from me, but I stuck to getting the purchase price. These dealerships need to realize that buyers are savvy and should meet them on their level if they want to sell cars.

Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
Deal online/Email and when you are happy with the price, ask for a quote and if you are happy, only then show up there. If I would see the 4 square, I would walk.

Registered
2021 Stelvio Ti Sport
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just following up on this thread to say that I just put down a deposit on a 2021 Stelvio Ti Sport in the midwest! It's amazing how quickly it comes together when you have the right salesperson. Looking forward to joining you all in Alfa ownership.

Registered
I had not seen the 4 square technique as I haven't set foot in a dealership for anything but paperwork/pickup but, yeah, that would be a red flag. The guy who quoted me $50k tried to get other irrelevant info from me, but I stuck to getting the purchase price. These dealerships need to realize that buyers are savvy and should meet them on their level if they want to sell cars.
Am pretty used to the 4-square. Just an annoying way to try to mash up all the numbers and confuse the customer. I just sit there and do the math my way. Savvy buyers? Well, maybe a lot in this forum, but there are plenty of folks still going in and paying close to MSRP minus advertised incentives----red meat for the dealers. Check just about any true car spread on most vehicles.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts