Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
363 Posts
I once leased an Audi Q5, dealership agreed to buy it since the used car market was hot. After 3 weeks, I still got my monthly lease payment summary, I look into the portal, car was still not paid. I call up the dealership, supposedly they “mailed a normal checking account check from the dealership account to Audi financial, snail mail no less, so no tracking.” So about three days before the payment was due, I was livid, they already sold the car as per the website, I emailed the GM and Audi NA, finally two days before payment is due the dealership wired the funds to pay off the vehicle to Audi financial. Some car companies try to pull some shady stuff.
The Audi leasing department is also notoriously inept to put it mildly.

Similar situation happened to me when I leased my Stelvio. Dealership took my leased Infiniti and paid it off 5 months before the lease end. I kept getting threatening letters from the Infiniti lease dept that my next payment was overdue. I called the dealership.Spoke to the financial mgr. It was taken care of the next day. Apparently they sent the check to the wrong address for Infiniti leasing.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
So....my sister does that job and the DMV paperwork for a major dealership in a Large SoCal city....not Audi or Alfa...think the default standard for european automotive perfection.

.....you have no idea the number of times things like that get messed up. Mostly because..dealerships like making money not spending it. Her job description is to pay nothing till it is due, past due is better then early. The goal is to actually pay the vehicle off and pay the DMV fees...with the money from selling the car if at all possible.

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
363 Posts
So....my sister does that job and the DMV paperwork for a major dealership in a Large SoCal city....not Audi or Alfa...think the default standard for european automotive perfection.

.....you have no idea the number of times things like that get messed up. Mostly because..dealerships like making money not spending it. Her job description is to pay nothing till it is due, past due is better then early. The goal is to actually pay the vehicle off and pay the DMV fees...with the money from selling the car if at all possible.
Makes perfect sense

·
Registered
101 Posts
I lease a Range Rover Sport once, and it was one of the most stressful deals of my life. When I turned it in, I had an Uber there to pick me up to take me to the airport. And when I handed them the keys, I calmly walked out the door and literally sprinted to the Uber before they found a check engine line on. Whew! NEVER AGAIN!

·
Registered
2020 Stevio TI
363 Posts
I lease a Range Rover Sport once, and it was one of the most stressful deals of my life. When I turned it in, I had an Uber there to pick me up to take me to the airport. And when I handed them the keys, I calmly walked out the door and literally sprinted to the Uber before they found a check engine line on. Whew! NEVER AGAIN!
Was the RR still under warranty? If so it shouldnt matter

21 - 26 of 26 Posts