Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am being offered a 36/15 lease with $2000 out-the-door for $479 including tax. The vehicle is basically loaded with one exception - a sun/moon roof, which I don't really care about. It seems like a really good deal. Sticker is just under $50K and many dealers are selling same car for about $8K off sticker. Thoughts?

·
Registered
36 Posts
It seems OK but most sweet spots for lease are 24 months. Also figure in that at 30K mile a major costly service is due and you will have pony up the bill.

I got a different lease quote just now from a So Cal dealer: 24/12 lease with $2000 DAS for $399 including tax. MSRP is $49,740 Ti trim (not the sport trim I was looking for). Discount was $10K dealer discount plus $3250 lease incentive...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The payment goes up when you step up to 15K miles. This is what most people rack up (or more), at least in So Cal. So, I prefer the higher mileage. That being said, everything else the same, including sticker price (mine is a TiSport with an MSRP of 49940), my payment should be a bit lower.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Major costly service - I'm buying a maintenance/service plan which is $600 and covers the four service intervals after the initial 10K. So, instead of paying an average of $200-$300 per service, I will pay nothing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The payment goes up when you step up to 15K miles. This is what most people rack up (or more), at least in So Cal. So, I prefer the higher mileage. That being said, everything else the same, including sticker price (mine is a TiSport with an MSRP of 49940), my payment should be a bit lower.
Yes if you drive a lot of miles, then a lease is not for you.
I have a second car and I also drive a state motor pool vehicle so I find that 10k or 12k is more than enough.

When I retire, and don't have access to a company car, then I may need more.

Remember, these hot deals that So Cal dealers offering are old cars that have been sitting on the lot for over 6 months.
When I inquired about a similar car that was newer, I got a lease quote $100 more than the one that was sitting on the lot for over 240 days.
I guess the manufacturer gives the dealer cash incentives to move out cars that are old ??

The $399 rate is a public rate that is advertised on the Glendale Alfa site for a base Stelvio with only 10k/24mo terms
What I got from OC Fiat is better at 12k/24mo and a higher Ti trim.

Just remember, these older Stelvios do not have Apple Carplay, no navigation, nor sport seats, and no adjustable suspension damper option!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yes if you drive a lot of miles, then a lease is not for you.
I have a second car and I also drive a state motor pool vehicle so I find that 10k or 12k is more than enough.

When I retire, and don't have access to a company car, then I may need more.

Remember, these hot deals that So Cal dealers offering are old cars that have been sitting on the lot for over 6 months.
When I inquired about a similar car that was newer, I got a lease quote $100 more than the one that was sitting on the lot for over 240 days.
I guess the manufacturer gives the dealer cash incentives to move out cars that are old ??

The $399 rate is a public rate that is advertised on the Glendale Alfa site for a base Stelvio with only 10k/24mo terms
What I got from OC Fiat is better at 12k/24mo and a higher Ti trim.

Just remember, these older Stelvios do not have Apple Carplay, no navigation, nor sport seats, and no adjustable suspension damper option!
Just curious but how did you know if you were looking at an older or newer one? I leased mine from OC Alfa Romeo/Fiat and the sales person let me walk around both lots and pick whatever one I wanted (they had probably 200+ to choose from at the time) and they already gave me the lease price via email before I went there. There were no restrictions on what one I picked out. Left with a 24/10 lease for $447 per month total(includes taxes), I gave $1500 at signing to cover DMV fees and 1st month payment and this was for a TI Sport w/ MSRP just under $53k. It has navigation and sport seats. Apple Carplay and adjustable suspension you probably won't find anywhere unless you order it, especially the adjustable suspension.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use Cargurus.com to tell me what cars have been on the dealer lot.
Sometimes just to see how old they are, I use the slider to choose cars that have been on the lot for almost a year and then start negotiations.

My last great lease was a 2013 X5 diesel that had been sitting on the lot for over 8 months - made an offer and they took it just before the end of the model year. $13K off MSRP was very good when the MF was only 0.00125 - ah those were the good days with BMW...

·
Registered
542 Posts
I use Cargurus.com to tell me what cars have been on the dealer lot.
Sometimes just to see how old they are, I use the slider to choose cars that have been on the lot for almost a year and then start negotiations.

My last great lease was a 2013 X5 diesel that had been sitting on the lot for over 8 months - made an offer and they took it just before the end of the model year. $13K off MSRP was very good when the MF was only 0.00125 - ah those were the good days with BMW...
Oh interesting. Good to know for future use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts