Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

LED Puddle Light Logo

17K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  spydernukes 
#1 ·
Had the puddle lights changed out to LED logo projectors today and they look awesome.
One of the overhead lights stays on all the time in the bay so I couldn't get it super dark for the pictures. I'll take another pic at night time.

These are NOT a direct replacement and do require some soldering and trimming of the door panels. Nothing serious but don't undertake if you are looking for plug and play.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
From what I know, they are not standard or options on base, Ti or Ti Sport(not sure how it works on the QV). I ordered my LED projection lights from the FCA site, you have to put in the stock number and go from there. There is a small catch when installing the basic Alfa Romeo projection lights, one will have to trim the new light mounting slot for it to work. It seems these lights are reversed wired than the normal lights that come with the units in the US and maybe Canada, etc.

Not hard nor a big issue, it took me just a few minutes on each new light mount and works just fine. I did not change anything on my Stelvio. There is a write up about that on this forum. Just let me know and I can see if I can find that thread. Maybe some else here can be of more assistance of that location.

#18 ·
Yours took 2 minutes to install @smunger4 as yours are the official OEM Alfa Romeo ones. I had the same ("Alfa Romeo" script) ones installed by the dealer prior to collecting the SQf. I have to say they are a nice little touch. And I prefer them to the 3rd party / aftermarket AR logo ones as they are more subtle (and easier to fit by the sounds of it!).

#23 ·
guess I don't get the pushback on people doing modifications to their cars to set them out. People have been modifying possessions since the beginning of time, **** what kid didn't put basball cards on the spokes of the wheels to make it sound "cool"

It's an individual's choice, me I don't keep cars long enough that I'll do too much mods on them.

#28 ·
Ordered these (the Amazon ones) the other day after reading this post, installed them this afternoon in 5 minutes.

Attachments

#31 ·
Sharp

#34 ·
They are a bit sensitive. Specifically, the male PINs need to be slightly bent to get good friction when installed. Basically you may have the same issue w/the new ones. Look at the pins and ensure they're going into the female portion of the cable in the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.