Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drove 2,000 miles from Florida to Colorado. I realized then that the auto lane centering (Highway Assist Service or HAS) on my 2020 Stelvio Quad only works when I’m on an interstate. It won’t engage on limited access highways that aren’t designated formal us interstates. What gives?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check out this discussion ref the Highway Assist:

In my experience it works on divided highways, not just interstates. There is an extensive toll road system here in Houston that are not part of the US Interstate System and it definitely works on those roads. But....the HAS seems to rely on the Alfa/TomTom navigation system. This is what I notice: if the roads are different than what is stored in the nav system database, then the HAS will not engage. And since updates for the nav system are few and far between, roadways [here in Texas] change more often than the nav updates.

·
Registered
590 Posts
...... And since updates for the nav system are few and far between, roadways [here in Texas] change more often than the nav updates.
They seem to be fairly frequently these days, see :
NAFTA map updates

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out this discussion ref the Highway Assist:

In my experience it works on divided highways, not just interstates. There is an extensive toll road system here in Houston that are not part of the US Interstate System and it definitely works on those roads. But....the HAS seems to rely on the Alfa/TomTom navigation system. This is what I notice: if the roads are different than what is stored in the nav system database, then the HAS will not engage. And since updates for the nav system are few and far between, roadways [here in Texas] change more often than the nav updates.
This is definitely the right thread, I missed it before, but thank you! I realize now that it did work on the Florida Turnpike freeway but almost no roads that weren't interstate-designated in Mississippi and Arkansas. Thank you again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
They seem to be fairly frequently these days, see :
NAFTA map updates
I couldn't get the maps to update using those uploads. I took the car to the dealer and they said my my was up to date, which would be the map that they installed when the car was built in March 2020.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I couldn't get the maps to update using those uploads. I took the car to the dealer and they said my map was up to date, which would be the map that they installed when the car was built in March 2020.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Correct. That's the latest update available, and my car's map software must be a year old by now. I downloaded the update, unzipped it, and transferred it to a correctly-formatted flash drive. Plugged it in to the Stelvio, to which the infotainment screen responded "no update found".
What I did notice is that the FCA instructions state to download the Map and License, however "3D Connect MY20" does not have a license to download (only the map), whereas the "Connect Nav" and "3D Connect NAV" do have the license to download.
Let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thanks,
Ed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts