Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all;
Still learning all the tips and tricks on my new Stelvio but here's one that's got me baffled:
I'd like to temporarily remove the sun shade that is attached to the inside of the liftgate. That would sure would make it easier to clean the rear window! Any one have experience with this ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Siciliano, yes - I have experience with this. You need to grab the center part of the shade closest to the window. There is plastic molding that you can grab and pull straight out. It will take some effort but will come out, snap back in the same way. My dealer service department and I figured it out when I had to move a large TV.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great! thanks for this.
I assumed that piece pulled out straight but it seemed pretty tight. Didn't want to force it.

You've given the motivation to pull harder !

thank you !

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Pretty hard to see in with the tiint, and that shade steals tons of space. Mine is in attic from day 2.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you’re trying to completely remove it, one side (I think driver) is spring loaded.. push it towards the side and the other end will pop out. I completely removed mine because the heat was making the vinyl get tacky.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Everything north of the liftgate proper, meaning the glass to roof area, gets useless. Even paper bags will hit it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts