Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Liquid wrap removable paint Autoflex gloss black OEM wheels by WRAPSOURCE in New Jersey.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
cleaning with wheel brush

Liquid wrap removable paint Autoflex gloss black OEM wheels by WRAPSOURCE in New Jersey.

The wheels look awesome with the wrap!

I'm wondering what effect quality wheel cleaner solvents will have on the glossy wheels. But as time go by and the use of wheel solvents plus using a wheel brush numerous times - will they hold up like the wheels in the photos?

Wondering what the warranty is? (arghhhh, the fine print)

Let us know amigo!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did it to my old Audi A4 the entire car it held up better than regular paint. There’s a base coat applied and then a clear which gets applied in multiple Coates. The product is sandable and gets even better with every wax job done. Soap and water works great no need for chemicals, use a detail wax spray and cloth and shine them up. Also protects the original wheel paint and just peel it off whenever. They have a video on there Instagram wrapresource. Here’s a pic of my Audi two years since the wrap was sprayed on. The Audi is brilliant black under the liquid wrap.

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
I did it to my old Audi A4 the entire car it held up better than regular paint. There’s a base coat applied and then a clear which gets applied in multiple Coates. The product is sandable and gets even better with every wax job done. Soap and water works great no need for chemicals, use a detail wax spray and cloth and shine them up. Also protects the original wheel paint and just peel it off whenever. They have a video on there Instagram wrapresource. Here’s a pic of my Audi two years since the wrap was sprayed on. The Audi is brilliant black under the liquid wrap.

I've been intrigued by this product. I've always installed clear bra on my cars. Do you know if I use this product if i will still need clear bra? Does it protect against chips and small rocks from the road? Is it purely cosmetic or does it protect as well? i'm asking since its sandable and gets multiple coats.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes it does protect the original paint like a clear bra. There’s different types of liquid wrap there’s matte, satin, gloss, Autoflex being gloss which has the clear and more protective type of shell. On the Audi I had a few rock chips that didn’t reach the original paint. It’s like the rubbery part of the wrap caught the impact.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Yes it does protect the original paint like a clear bra. There’s different types of liquid wrap there’s matte, satin, gloss, Autoflex being gloss which has the clear and more protective type of shell. On the Audi I had a few rock chips that didn’t reach the original paint. It’s like the rubbery part of the wrap caught the impact.
Sooooo ....
1. how long does the wrapping take? more than 1 day?
2. how much did your Audi wrap cost?
3. when you say you had chips but they didn't make it to the paint .... was it visible and also can your repair a ding or a chip in the wrap?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The wheels took a day for the paint to cure, the Audi took 3 days because of the clear is put on after the base is completely dry. The price for what I had on the Audi range from 1200-1500 depending where you go. The Wrapresource is running a 1000.00 deal, they do warranty the finish. The good thing is that if you scratch or chip the finish off you can just remove the wrap from that part of vehicle and then respray it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is this reversible or permanent paint? I leased my stelvio, I was thinking to paint the wheels black too, but it would be issue when i return my car. So I was thinking temp solution

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To remove work an edge on the wrap with your fingers and peel off. It’s just like plastidip but with the gloss.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts