Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Considering a buying a Stelvio (all models considered) - from NY-NJ area

Looking for advice/opinions from current owners.

The good? The bad? Dealerships? Service?

Considering my first Alpha after owning other luxury brands. Would love input from actual owners!

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
378 Posts
It's Alfa, not Alpha!

fyi - my Stelvio is a winner and a real treat to drive every day!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Miller gets praise for service on the giulia forum.
Thanks. Is that Paul miller you speak of? I've been warned of some issues with the Guilia... what's the longest length of time of ownership on this forum? Can't find much as far as issues on the Stelio so far...

Thanks...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, what do you guys think of the tech in the Stelvio? I'm reading car play is not available yet? I'm looking to get a loaded TI. Wanted the Lusso but it looks like it's not out yet either? I'm reading folks in here talk about a "first edition" model. What is that? Thanks again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ordered my Ti sport fully loaded from Browns on LI. The Stelvio so far has exceeded my expectations. I recommend ordering the car the way you want it. The first editions or the first Stelvio in my area as far as I can see were pretty much stripped down basic models of the Stelvio. My car took about 9 weeks from the day I ordered it to driving it off the lot.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered my Ti sport fully loaded from Browns on LI. The Stelvio so far has exceeded my expectations. I recommend ordering the car the way you want it. The first editions or the first Stelvio in my area as far as I can see were pretty much stripped down basic models of the Stelvio. My car took about 9 weeks from the day I ordered it to driving it off the lot.
Thanks! How do you feel about driving the sport model on the tri-state roads (assuming you are driving NY-CT-NJ area)?
I haven't test drove yet, and wondering if I will consider sport with the larger tires and a harder ride. Did you compare the two or did you just know you wanted the sport? I spoke with a dealership about ordering because I want it loaded in particular colors and they said 3-4 months. Then I found out about the Lusso model coming out which would be what I would buy (I like upgraded stitched leather) but they say that won't be available until late 2018 :sad I can't wait that long to buy another car unfortunately.

How long have you been driving yours? And no issues? How about your build quality upon delivery? Gaps or misaligned panels? Interior flaws? Sorry for all the questions, I'm coming off a nightmare with my last purchase.

How was the dealership experience and how did you do with the pricing? I'm looking to buy not lease.
Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks! How do you feel about driving the sport model on the tri-state roads (assuming you are driving NY-CT-NJ area)?
I haven't test drove yet, and wondering if I will consider sport with the larger tires and a harder ride. Did you compare the two or did you just know you wanted the sport? I spoke with a dealership about ordering because I want it loaded in particular colors and they said 3-4 months. Then I found out about the Lusso model coming out which would be what I would buy (I like upgraded stitched leather) but they say that won't be available until late 2018 :sad I can't wait that long to buy another car unfortunately.

How long have you been driving yours? And no issues? How about your build quality upon delivery? Gaps or misaligned panels? Interior flaws? Sorry for all the questions, I'm coming off a nightmare with my last purchase.

How was the dealership experience and how did you do with the pricing? I'm looking to buy not lease.
Thanks again for the input.
Just hit 1000 miles, and so far no problems. We went with the sport because that was the best they had to offer. If offers both luxury and sport. We ordered because we wanted it loaded and a certain color combination. We were told it would take up to 12 weeks to be delivered ,and we had it in 9. I found no difference in the ride with the bigger tires. The only slight annoyance is the paddle shifters slightly blocking the arm controls (directionals, Windshield wipers) but I got use to that after a couple weeks.

Build quality to the naked eye is perfect. This is my Second car from this dealership (Browns) and I have never had a problem.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just hit 1000 miles, and so far no problems. We went with the sport because that was the best they had to offer. If offers both luxury and sport. We ordered because we wanted it loaded and a certain color combination. We were told it would take up to 12 weeks to be delivered ,and we had it in 9. I found no difference in the ride with the bigger tires. The only slight annoyance is the paddle shifters slightly blocking the arm controls (directionals, Windshield wipers) but I got use to that after a couple weeks.

Build quality to the naked eye is perfect. This is my Second car from this dealership (Browns) and I have never had a problem.
Thanks PatD. I stopped in a dealership a few weeks ago to have a close look at the interior build quality but had my son and his friend with me and they had me nervous around all the maseratis and ferraris so I had one eye on them and we looked quickly. The one I sat in seemed flawless (again it was dark and some things I couldn't see).
I'm going to test drive next week, and I will check out both the TI and sport TI.
I absolutely love the look and interior of the car but I fear the tech is going to fall short for me. I'm coming from a high tech car and need to have apple car play minimally. I hear not until next year although the dealership said some new ones will be shipping with the hardware to upgrade it after purchase. Does the stereo have a way to load music on a flash drive and listen?
Im also not a fan of the small backup screen, I'm used to a nice big one. But..no car is perfect.
I appreciate your input and wish you continued good luck with it!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, it does.
Thanks! Do you happen to know if it can handle "lossless" files (flacs or alacs) What do you think of the stereo system? I would upgrade to the Harmon Kardon, do you have that?...I'm used to Bose or Bang and Olufsen ..

Also, Is SIRIUS available with this car? SIRIUS is notoriously "tinny" sounding even with high end systems and was wondering anyone's thoughts if they listen to SIRIUS in their Alfa..

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PAtD forgot to ask, where did you put your front license plate? If I decide on the car I am stumped on that one :smile

1 - 20 of 33 Posts