Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me crazy, ok, i can take it.
2 months into our Stelvio and i'm looking to sell.
My wife and I both fell in love with the Stelvio and we purchased our vehicle at a Alfa dealer in CT. We're down on Long Island and working with the dealers in the area left a lot to be desired.

Anyway, here's a little back story. This is my wife's and she was coming from a Mini Clubman which was totaled after an accident in the summer. Our Boxster became her daily driver until the fall when we started our quest. Well after months of looking and so, so close to getting a X1 we chose the Stelvio.

After making the ferry ride over to CT, heading up the the dealer and picking up a beautiful Alfa White Stelvio we headed home. Crossed the sound on the ferry and i took off in my truck and my wife took off in the Stelvio. When she got home, she wasn't even in the house for a minute when she tells me its too big and she's not comfortable in it. We gave it some time in hopes that she'd get used to the size but she's not and so here we are.

Sorry to bore you with the back history on this. I love this car but after 2 months and just over 2000 miles my wife doesn't feel the same way.

Here's what we have:

2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Sport
Alfa White w/Black-Chocolate Leather Interior

All the standard equipment plus the following:
Sport Package 22J incl:
Gloss Red Calipers
Tire Service Kit
Gloss Black Window Surround Moldings
Aluminum Interior Accents
Sport Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
Steering Column-Mounted Aluminum Paddle Shifters

Cold Weather Package:
Heated Front Seats
Heated Steering Wheel
Heated Washer Nozzles

Drivers Assist Dynamic Plus Package:
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go
Forward Collision Warning Plus
Lane Departure Warning
Automatic High Beam Headlamp Control
Infrared Windshield

Drivers Assist Static with Front Sensors Package:
Blind Spot and Cross Path Detection
Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirrors
Front/Rear Park Assist System

Cargo Net
Cargo Comp Adjustable Rail System
Dual Pane Sunroof
Gloss Black Shark Fin Antenna
8.8" AM/FM BluetoothRadio with 3D NAV HD Radio
Harmen Kardon Premium Audio
Sirius XM
20" x 8'5" Sport Aluminum Wheels w/ 255/45R20 All-Season Tires
All Weather Floor mats

Sticker Price: $52,935
Asking $45,500

Will post additional pictures soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Slm - if you don't mind me asking, did your wife test drive the Stelvio before purchasing?
If she did, I wonder what was so different the day the car was brought home?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah, bummer! But you know "happy wife, happy life"!

It looks great, though...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, we test drove a couple of times but as we all know, those are short drives and never a enough time behind the wheel.
The day she drove home she had a chance to drive around, park, etc and get on a open road; a better test, but.....

·
Registered
508 Posts
@slm, you're not a dealer trying to sell a demo car are you? your pictures look like they were copied and pasted and there are other Alfa's on the Lot.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Stelvio Base 20" yellow calipers
1,504 Posts
Let them eat cake! Dang you're going to take a hosing due to market pricing. One rule in the car business is you can change your mind but it's going to be expensive. Good luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Marco,
Dealer, no, just didn't have any pics to post.
having trouble posting my pics but will keep trying

·
Registered
92 Posts
A Photo tip for you from someone that is relatively new to forum-land. View and save your picture in a photo editor and then post it....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Been traveling for work and hadn't gotten a chance to get back to this.
Here are some pics of our Stelvio, which, unfortunately, i'm being pressed by my wife to sell.
I know gonna take a hit but i'm dropping the price to $44,000

BTW, problem with uploading these before was file size. Once resized they uploaded just fine.

steve

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Might be best to trade it in for whatever your wife actually wants. Even if the price is lower it may work out in you favour due to taxes, in my area you don’t pay tax on your trades value, so the savings is significant if your trade is valuable, like yours.

Reactions: zvezdah1
1 - 11 of 11 Posts