Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday the weather was nice and took the car to the exotic car wash just down the street from my dealer (it's rare to go and not see at least one or two $100k+ cars there at any given moment, and one of the employees drives a Giulia which I see there often too). Then Sunday I gave the whole car a hand rub down with a coat of the Zaino gloss enhancer before heading out to some backroads in northern Fairfield county. I got stopped twice today and once yesterday with complements and questions about the car, clean and shiny she just looks so **** good!

I haven't had a chance to do any spirited driving for a while, temperatures and road conditions just haven't been very conducive to fun driving. For anyone who hasn't gone out but the selector in D and the shifter in M, kept your RPMs above 3k, the G meter on the dash, and just gotten lost in windy backroads for a couple of hours, I urge you to go out and do it tonight, this weekend, whatever, as soon as you can... I've been in a driving rut the last 6-8 weeks with mostly just boring daily commute type driving, and feeling that 50/50 weight distribution as you just dig into a curve and power your way out of the other side hearing that lovely gnarl from the engine has put me into such a better mood today than I usually am on a Monday.

If I am going to be 100% honest with myself, I truly don't know which car is able to handle the curves and backroads better, my Stelvio, or my BMW Z3 with an almost fully custom / upgraded suspension. The Stelvio continues to impress me with it's road handling, it's an amazing machine.

Registered
although a low c of g roadster is feels great on winding roads, being up a little higher so you can see a little further sure has it's advantages.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
although a low c of g roadster is feels great on winding roads, being up a little higher so you can see a little further sure has it's advantages.
very true.... I was thinking to myself exactly that while powering through curves and over and around little rises in the road. The roadster on a track might be quicker (though until the new engine goes it, it's actually a touch slower 0-60), but in actual driving I don't think it would be able to be driven as fast, because you sit so much lower you can't see ahead as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts