Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally lowered my Stelvio Quadrifoglio. I’ve been looking at images of the lowered Stelvio QV for a while. They look sportier and more aggressive. For those who love powerful wagons, there is little to chose from, so this may me the answer.

The 2 main options are the K&N springs, 1.6”, and the MADNESS Autoworks, at 2.5”. I wanted somewhere in between. MADNESS had a 2” spring for nonQV Stelvio models. I called to ask about them. Low-and-behold, Eric at MADNESS announced a 1.75” spring—DONE. He then spent time with me discussing the nuances of the new springs, the height, stiffness, ride, etc.

Later, we talked about spacers. It seems some people are doing 17 mm all around. Those pictures seemed too far in front and left me wanting more in back. With Jeff’s recommendation I did 20 mm in the rear and 15mm in the front.

Buying, pricing, shipping, salesmanship were awesome. I had the new equipment very quickly.

Work was done in Bellevue,WA, at Cantrell Motorsports. Once again, I can’t say enough. They killed it. Thanks to Jeff and (I hope I remembered this right) Justin, my tech. They did the lowering springs, spacers, changed out my winter tires for summer, and the new alignment.

As promised, the ride is firmer. Each mode on the dial is one setting firmer. I think the handling is slightly better. That is hard to tell. The height is PERFECT. The spacers are PERFECT.

Here are some pictures.
Before:

After:

[I can’t get this last image to rotate]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks so good! Are you afraid of stone chips with the extra track? I'd maybe add some mud guards or some clear ppf to the lower sections

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks so good! Are you afraid of stone chips with the extra track? I'd maybe add some mud guards or some clear ppf to the lower sections
Excellent idea. I hadn’t given it thought. I have the clear bra on the front. Now for other spots. Money well spent. Thanks @BGPhoto

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifolio Verde
14 Posts
If you don’t mind me asking, what was the total cost and how long was the install?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MADNESS has been having a great discount. (BTW, I do not work for them. I just appreciate how they do business)

you can go on their website for the discount availability
1.75” springs. $199 (nml $299)
20 mm spacers. $115. ($130)
15 mm spacers. $100 ($120)
Install took 1 and a half days and was $1650+tax.

total about $2K.

·
Vendor
665 Posts
The Stelvio looks great O2O2Be!

Thank you for your support and your feedback. We will be sure to let Eric and Jeff know.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need any help in the future.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I finally lowered my Stelvio Quadrifoglio. I’ve been looking at images of the lowered Stelvio QV for a while. They look sportier and more aggressive. For those who love powerful wagons, there is little to chose from, so this may me the answer.

The 2 main options are the K&N springs, 1.6”, and the MADNESS Autoworks, at 2.5”. I wanted somewhere in between. MADNESS had a 2” spring for nonQV Stelvio models. I called to ask about them. Low-and-behold, Eric at MADNESS announced a 1.75” spring—DONE. He then spent time with me discussing the nuances of the new springs, the height, stiffness, ride, etc.

Later, we talked about spacers. It seems some people are doing 17 mm all around. Those pictures seemed too far in front and left me wanting more in back. With Jeff’s recommendation I did 20 mm in the rear and 15mm in the front.

Buying, pricing, shipping, salesmanship were awesome. I had the new equipment very quickly.

Work was done in Bellevue,WA, at Cantrell Motorsports. Once again, I can’t say enough. They killed it. Thanks to Jeff and (I hope I remembered this right) Justin, my tech. They did the lowering springs, spacers, changed out my winter tires for summer, and the new alignment.

As promised, the ride is firmer. Each mode on the dial is one setting firmer. I think the handling is slightly better. That is hard to tell. The height is PERFECT. The spacers are PERFECT.

Here are some pictures.
Before:
View attachment 18922 View attachment 18924
View attachment 18925

After:
View attachment 18931 View attachment 18926
View attachment 18930
Looks great! I want now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks great. Well done.

Install labor should be $500ish for springs.

Thanks.

I could have shopped around more. I chose a high performance indy shop with an excellent reputation--and paid for it. Piece of mind, etc.

Better yet, I could have tried myself. Thought about it. Chickened out.

Thanks to all for all the positive feedback.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Here are some pictures.
Before:
View attachment 18922 View attachment 18924
View attachment 18925

After:
View attachment 18931 View attachment 18926
View attachment 18930
That looks SICK!

·
Registered
569 Posts
1.75 looks spot on! Keep us updated on the handling. Im interested to hear more on your impressions.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Be on the look out for bump steer issues a few others have reported!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been running H&R springs w/spacers (5mm front, 15mm rear) on my Stelvio Quad for 6+ months. After reading some of the posts on this board I was expecting the ride to be a lot stiffer with the springs than it actually is. I drive the car in Race mode w/dampers set "mid" and am happy with it. It feels approx. 20% firmer than the stock springs were.

It does seem like initial turn-in now feels slightly less sharp than it did with the factory springs. This isn't to say the performance is worse (its better) it just feels a little different now. Could be the spacers causing this though. Whatever it is, its minor.

The shop I took it to for the alignment was able to get the rear camber within 1/2 a degree of the factory range and tire wear (front and rear) has been fine w/this set up.

Net/net: with the springs I can drive the car more aggressively than before and ride quality isn't noticeably worse. Its definitely more "tossable" through corners and it looks massively better.

As for bump-steer...we don't have MacPhearson style suspensions which is normally where this is felt. With a proper re-alignment it shouldn't be a problem. Not sure who's experiencing this but it isn't an issue w/mine at all.
20201129_221654262_iOS.jpg
20201129_221604619_iOS.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been running H&R springs w/spacers (5mm front, 15mm rear) on my Stelvio Quad for 6+ months. After reading some of the posts on this board I was expecting the ride to be a lot stiffer with the springs than it actually is. I drive the car in Race mode w/dampers set "mid" and am happy with it. It feels approx. 20% firmer than the stock springs were.

It does seem like initial turn-in now feels slightly less sharp than it did with the factory springs. This isn't to say the performance is worse (its better) it just feels a little different now. Could be the spacers causing this though. Whatever it is, its minor.

The shop I took it to for the alignment was able to get the rear camber within 1/2 a degree of the factory range and tire wear (front and rear) has been fine w/this set up.

Net/net: with the springs I can drive the car more aggressively than before and ride quality isn't noticeably worse. Its definitely more "tossable" through corners and it looks massively better.

As for bump-steer...we don't have MacPhearson style suspensions which is normally where this is felt. With a proper re-alignment it shouldn't be a problem. Not sure who's experiencing this but it isn't an issue w/mine at all. View attachment 22355 View attachment 22356
That is gorgeous! Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts