Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just had my MADNESS Springs installed today. Went with the 60mm (2.5in) ones after a long discussion with the team at MADNESS. I also got 17mm spacers for the front and 20mm for the rears so the tires now sit flush with the fender flares.

I am very happy with how it turned out. My wife thinks the car looks like a wagon now (which I love). :grin Also, the Monte Carlo Blue in person is something to see. It almost goes purple in direct sunlight.

Here are some before and after photos.
First FOUR pics are stock set up.
Next FOUR photos are with the springs and spacers.

Let me know what you think. The rears are a little negative. After the alignment, they corrected them some, but I believe this is how it's supposed to be....

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
That looks MEAN AS FUDGE! Love it! I’ve been thinking about lowering mine, but it makes oil changes and winters in Wisconsin more difficult. But it LOOKS SO SWEET! Well done!

·
Registered
52 Posts
It is funny because I contacted the same shop in Dallas to do the springs on my wife's Stelvio a week or so ago. At the time, they said they hadn't done one yet. She was thinking about bringing hers in yesterday; which would have been quite the coincidence to have two Quadrifoglios show up there essentially simultaneously. They quoted us about $400 to $450 for spring installation and alignment. Although we aren't doing spacers, is that in the ballpark of your cost?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is funny because I contacted the same shop in Dallas to do the springs on my wife's Stelvio a week or so ago. At the time, they said they hadn't done one yet. She was thinking about bringing hers in yesterday; which would have been quite the coincidence to have two Quadrifoglios show up there essentially simultaneously. They quoted us about $400 to $450 for spring installation and alignment. Although we aren't doing spacers, is that in the ballpark of your cost?
That would have been insane to have both cars there yesterday. They did my car (springs and alignment) for $400. That said, they said it was very difficult and took them the entire day (9am - 5pm) I was there for 3 hours of it bc they thought it would be done at 2pm. He told me the next time someone brings in a car with all our electronics he will likely charge $800. Hold them to the $400 price point.

They did a good job. Everything seems good. I may go back in 3-4 weeks to have it aligned again once the springs settle in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was getting a recall done today and there is another Quad owner in DFW. Which with silver alloy wheels. Here is a shot of our two cars, one with lowered suspension (blue) the white one all stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Lowering looks very nice but the spacers, IMHO look pimped.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am beginning to think the spacers were too much. 20mm isnt needed. Maybe 10mm

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
This is balance IMHO. If I wasn't such a winter driver, I'd lower it for the wagon look, but the spacing is just right without screwing with the geometry.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is balance IMHO. If I wasn't such a winter driver, I'd lower it for the wagon look, but the spacing is just right without screwing with the geometry.
I removed the spacers and happier with the car now. :devil

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you post pics without the spacers?

Here are the lowering springs from MADNESS without the spacers. I still think it looks good and keeps the wheel hub stock :)
Stock wheels.
Images are of rear first moving to the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Who did it for you? I'm looking into it! 2018 Rossi Red Quad
A local shop here in Dallas. Almost went to Austin to have Madness install as their rate was super competitive.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had the H&R 28697-3 springs put on my wife's Stelvio Quadrifoglio. Drop is quoted at 1.6 inches.

I used the same shop as JohnLeeman did: Dallas Suspension Alignment Frame Co at 1801 Empire Central (214 350 6361). Tell them Denise and John say hello! They said that their second install on a Stelvio Quadrifolgio went smoother than the first, I'm guessing based on lessons learned from the first install.

Springs: $300.09.
Install: $494.40 ($400 plus $80 for alignment and $14.90 shop fee).
Decreasing the wheel gap: Pricelesss.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts