Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just my take on the ecm module from Madness Autoworks. I purchased the non-bluetooth module as I did not see any big advantage to the Bluetooth module. The harness was not hard to install with the non-Bluetooth module, I watched their video a couple of times and I just took my time. From their Stelvio to mine there were a couple of things different, i.e. I had two cables mounted to one of the clips on the heat shield one will remove, which made a total of four cables I needed to remove from clips(I believe this is just how my harness was routed at the factory).

I did not do a before/after Dyno and my opinion is from the seat of the pants. I do feel it does make a difference from stock and it took about 100 miles before I felt a difference. I have removed the module a couple of times when I needed to go to the dealer. This module is very easy to remove and re-install and one just installs the bypass plug, which comes with the module, when the module is removed.

The reason I decided to go this way, is the ease of removing the module and their return within 30 days if not happy policy. I realize there are some companies out there that offer a great tuner, but it would be my luck that my engine would stop running and I would not be able to return the map back to stock, as I understand one would need to do before going to a dealer, but I may go this route when I feel a bit more comfortable down the line.

Again, this is just my opinion and others may feel differently.

·
Registered
348 Posts
LC_LC,

Thanks for the post. I am considering the Madness ECM as well...my question is did you really notice a performance difference? They indicate 10 to 20%

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LC_LC,

Thanks for the post. I am considering the Madness ECM as well...my question is did you really notice a performance difference? They indicate 10 to 20%
I did notice a difference, more than just a little bit. The two times I removed the module for a dealer visit, it confirmed the difference to me. Since they have a 30 day return on this, if you are not happy with it, you can return it. Adding the harness is not hard, just took my time. I worked with Ray(salesman) at ext: 107 and he was very helpful. Please keep in mind this is just my opinion, but I am happy with the module at this price point. Also, I inquired about minimum grade of fuel required and Ray stated 91, which I use anyway.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Please compare this to a proper tune. Look up ETG to find an authorized tuner in your neck of the woods. These folks are top shelf and tune all the ultra high end products where NO excuses for issues are allowed!! These are also dyno tested numbers from the test car which is always a stock vehicle but they will tune to whatever mods you have. My Range Rover RRS was tuned by them and when the service manager took it out he was amzed and VERY impressed. They evaluated it and said parameters are BETTER than stock!! Unless you go popping a car out of gear at WOT etc, you won't have issues. There is a reason the redline is so low and I bet there is at least 1000rpms of protection built in. As soon as I cross a few thousand miles and get time, it gets tuned once my hit list is finished. I have seen no engine related issues on these cars.

·
Vendor
677 Posts
This is just my take on the ecm module from Madness Autoworks. I purchased the non-bluetooth module as I did not see any big advantage to the Bluetooth module. The harness was not hard to install with the non-Bluetooth module, I watched their video a couple of times and I just took my time. From their Stelvio to mine there were a couple of things different, i.e. I had two cables mounted to one of the clips on the heat shield one will remove, which made a total of four cables I needed to remove from clips(I believe this is just how my harness was routed at the factory).

I did not do a before/after Dyno and my opinion is from the seat of the pants. I do feel it does make a difference from stock and it took about 100 miles before I felt a difference. I have removed the module a couple of times when I needed to go to the dealer. This module is very easy to remove and re-install and one just installs the bypass plug, which comes with the module, when the module is removed.

The reason I decided to go this way, is the ease of removing the module and their return within 30 days if not happy policy. I realize there are some companies out there that offer a great tuner, but it would be my luck that my engine would stop running and I would not be able to return the map back to stock, as I understand one would need to do before going to a dealer, but I may go this route when I feel a bit more comfortable down the line.

Again, this is just my opinion and others may feel differently.
We are happy to hear you are enjoying your MAXPower module so much. If there is anything you need feel free to give us a call or send us an email.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Installed the Madness ECM and have about 200 miles now....I have been impressed. Not sure if it is all of 20% increase, but very pronounced. Install was easy. I have the GoPedal as well and the combination is awesome.

·
Vendor
677 Posts
Installed the Madness ECM and have about 200 miles now....I have been impressed. Not sure if it is all of 20% increase, but very pronounced. Install was easy. I have the GoPedal as well and the combination is awesome.
Hi smunger4,

Thanks for the feedback and glad you are enjoying the MAXPower ECM and GOPedal!

If there is ever anything else you need, don't hesitate in reaching out! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts