Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here but not new to Alfa’s. I just picked up a 2018 Rosso base sport Stelvio a couple of weeks ago.

I have a few mods planned for it but decided to go with the first so I installed the madness go pedal as I had it installed previously in my 2016 Fiat 500X Trekking Plus where it made a huge differences.

Well, I was blown away by the AMAZING difference it made in the Stelvio. It is Night & Day. Very happy I did. I don’t think I can do without it now ?

More to come as more funds become available. LOL

·
Registered
103 Posts
I did not have the same positive experience with mine to justify the $$$ and just returned it to Madness. If you are considering the GoPedal and have the money to spend on such an upgrade I suggest you try it and judge for yourself - you have 30 days to use/experience it. Took 1 minute to install and another minute (or less) to uninstall - very easy and the app for the Bluetooth control is straightforward -so there is no downside to giving it a try (except return shipping costs).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Humm I’m surprised your experience wasn’t positive. It can be a bit sensitive if you put it on its most aggressive setting.

I had a negative experience when I first got it and installed it in my 2013 Dodge Dart 2.0 as it kept triggering the CL. It turned out to be a defective unit and the folks at Madness swapped it out for me and since then I have used it in the Fiat and now the Stelvio with no issues at all.

·
Vendor
762 Posts
I did not have the same positive experience with mine to justify the $$$ and just returned it to Madness. If you are considering the GoPedal and have the money to spend on such an upgrade I suggest you try it and judge for yourself - you have 30 days to use/experience it. Took 1 minute to install and another minute (or less) to uninstall - very easy and the app for the Bluetooth control is straightforward -so there is no downside to giving it a try (except return shipping costs).
Sorry to hear you did not like the GOPedal in your vehicle. We try very hard to make sure all of our customers are completely satisfied with their purchase. The GOPedal is one of our products that comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. Buy one, install it, and use it for a full month and if you still do not like it simply give us a call and get your money back.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just ordered one today (the non Bluetooth version)....I almost got in 2 accidents over the weekend,mashed the pedal to pull into traffic and the car goes nowhere for 2+ seconds as traffic comes at me.I am hoping this helps the off the line lag,as it's my only issue with the performance of my Stelvio.

I will try to report back in a few days after I get it and install it.Hoping it resolves the issue.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If I can afford a $53,000 Alfa I think I can handle the return shipping LOL.

If it boosts my off the line response at all it will be worth it,I will find out soon enough.Not big on performance mods or altering factory items,but I think it's needed and I do hope it works for me.

I like my vehicles kept as factory as possible in most cases,so if it's not for me I will not hesitate to return it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've had the EC version on my Giulia for a while now. Just so everyone understands, your car is not faster because of this. What it DOES improve is how fast you get to WOT. This will make you think it's faster but it's not. So to sum it up, it improves your reaction time. You will still have the same issue in intersections etc. Even if you add 100hp of mods unless you break torque to get the turbo to kick in.

·
Vendor
762 Posts
I've had the EC version on my Giulia for a while now. Just so everyone understands, your car is not faster because of this. What it DOES improve is how fast you get to WOT. This will make you think it's faster but it's not. So to sum it up, it improves your reaction time. You will still have the same issue in intersections etc. Even if you add 100hp of mods unless you break torque to get the turbo to kick in.
The GOPedal will actually ramp up throttle faster by remapping the input from the pedal to the ECU. Because it is giving more throttle to the engine to do get over turbo lag faster. You can see this effect taking place in any of our youtube videos on the GOPedal.

It is true that the car will not be more powerful but it will get off the line faster.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The GOPedal will actually ramp up throttle faster by remapping the input from the pedal to the ECU. Because it is giving more throttle to the engine to do get over turbo lag faster. You can see this effect taking place in any of our youtube videos on the GOPedal.

It is true that the car will not be more powerful but it will get off the line faster.
Looking for off the line 0-30 performance,already know this will not boost horsepower.I think this will do it from everything I have read.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I can't believe that is giving more throttle to the engine. All it can do is to simulate you pressing the pedal quicker that in some cases may be true but I drove sport cars all my life and I can't imagine how this could help me, I've a foot of lead :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ok,got this today.....

Installed to pedal in a about 1 minute,then took 20 minutes deciding where I wanted the control.(Did not get the bluetooth one).

From a dead stop there is still some lag,especially if you floor it (lighter touch seems better than flooring it),but when it's revved or you get past 5MPH it unleashes holy ****.Feels like it's twin turbocharged when you give it ANY gas.No more horsepower obviously,but power comes on INSANELY quick and gets stronger with the slightest tap to the pedal.Regardless of some other arguments I have seen on the Go pedal it for sure make acceleration and 0-60 times,and especially 5-60 MPH and passing much faster.

Passing or accelerating at speed you feel a big rush and it pushes you back in your seat pretty hard.If I were to launch it properly revving it first from a standstill and holding the brake I would bet it could produce a 0-60 time in the high 4's.I don't race or beat on my cars (hey,I am 51 years old now),but I do accelerate hard from lights and stop signs (Everywhere in Las Vegas).I feel safer and more confident pulling into tight situations because I know the thrust will be there much quicker now.

Still messing with the different settings,trying to get as much low end power off the line as possible.Hoping I can find the best setting for overall driving,trying to find the setting that gives me the smoothest acceleration while still giving me instant power (gonna take a week or 2 on that).Don't plan on other performance modifications if I end up satisfied with this,so far so good.

Just after one day,it seems like it's worth the $250,but I will see how it fares over the coming weeks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I can't believe that is giving more throttle to the engine. All it can do is to simulate you pressing the pedal quicker that in some cases may be true but I drove sport cars all my life and I can't imagine how this could help me, I've a foot of lead :)
So if you were running a 100 yard dash and you jogged the first 25 yards,then sprinted the last 75 yards you would get the same result as an all out sprint from the starting line?

It's simple math IMO,not sure why people can't grasp it.

·
Vendor
762 Posts

So do most of us here at MADNESS and we can all say first hand that a GOPedal makes a big difference in any vehicle.

The GOPedal doesn't simulate a faster pedal it intercepts the throttle signal from the pedal and sends a different one to the ECU. Effectively remapping your throttle input map.

·
Registered
152 Posts
So do most of us here at MADNESS and we can all say first hand that a GOPedal makes a big difference in any vehicle.

The GOPedal doesn't simulate a faster pedal it intercepts the throttle signal from the pedal and sends a different one to the ECU. Effectively remapping your throttle input map.
I accelerate HARD from every stoplight and sign,the Go Pedal makes this effortless and it feels like a completely different vehicle I must say.Like it more by the minute.Just looking for the perfect setting to get the most low end power.

·
Registered
178 Posts
So if you were running a 100 yard dash and you jogged the first 25 yards,then sprinted the last 75 yards you would get the same result as an all out sprint from the starting line?

It's simple math IMO,not sure why people can't grasp it.
I'm an electrical engineer and I designed microprocessor and microcontrollers my entire life. You can work on "feelings" but you can't change physics. Answer yourself, do you really believe that 0-60 will be better with this Gizmo? What it does is the electrical equivalent of stomping on the pedal really quick, something that you may or may not do with your foot.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm an electrical engineer and I designed microprocessor and microcontrollers my entire life. You can work on "feelings" but you can't change physics. Answer yourself, do you really believe that 0-60 will be better with this Gizmo? What it does is the electrical equivalent of stomping on the pedal really quick, something that you may or may not do with your foot.
The car is faster....Period.

Unless you use it there is nothing you can say to dispute what I already know.

Happy with it and transforms the entire dynamics of the vehicle.Nobody is forcing one on you.....

I do recommend it to anyone here if you don't mind spending a measly $250 to give you much,MUCH better acceleration.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I took my Go Pedal out to go get my car serviced (just in case).It felt like i was driving a moped,it was horrible to drive without it quite honestly.This thing makes such i difference i could never drive this vehicle without it now.

Got my car back and put it back in immediately.I still say this is way worth it once you find the right setting.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts