Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Curious what setting most of you are using with the GP? I am on the 'Sport" and I believe curve #1. Not sure about the difference in the curve settings.

Sport+ seems really touchy....I do also have an ODB ECU unit installed.

·
Vendor
762 Posts
Curious what setting most of you are using with the GP? I am on the 'Sport" and I believe curve #1. Not sure about the difference in the curve settings.

Sport+ seems really touchy....I do also have an ODB ECU unit installed.
Hi smunger4,

Here is a little diagram that might help you and other owners out in finding the perfect setting to your liking.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Absolutely agree....Go Pedal is a must....D mode on freeway on-ramps I absolutely blow by other cars. Obviously not an HP/torque difference...it is the substantial reduction in latency I have noticed, plus elimination of any significant turbo lag.

Madness ECM next :)

IMO

·
Registered
6 Posts
The GOPedal will actually ramp up throttle faster by remapping the input from the pedal to the ECU. Because it is giving more throttle to the engine to do get over turbo lag faster. You can see this effect taking place in any of our youtube videos on the GOPedal.

It is true that the car will not be more powerful but it will get off the line faster.
I thought this device simply remapped the input from the pedal to a more aggressive throttle response, but didn't eliminate turbo lag. Are you stating that I can apply the same amount of pressure to the pedal which will map to a more aggressive throttle response and thereby spinning up the turbo quicker than normal for improved off the line performance and hence reduce turbo lag?

If so, then I'm interested.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
So....im the original poster here and started this post regarding the go pedal by Madness. I can tell you from my own personal experience having used it in 3 different cars (Dodge, Fiat and now Alfa) IT DOES MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE. More so in the Alfa for sure probably thanks to the turbo powered engine.

Yes i know it does NOT add horspower and no one has claimed that it does. However I'm willing to bet that it does change the 0-60 time.

I have tested (but have yet to measure) and repeatedly mind you, taking off from a stand still (LAUNCH MODE) Reving the engine to $2500 rpm with my foot on the brakes in DYNAMIC mode and with the SPORT PLUS setting & highest curve on the go pedal (all red dots on) and let me tell you. It will give you a whip lash.....and a BIG SMILE.

Just remember to shift manually (paddle shifters are awesome) at or before redline or then engine wont repond to your right foot input. Kinda feels like it went into nuetral to protect the engine im sure if you dont.

I will find a way to time the 0-60 with and without the pedal to prove my point. Unless someone already did it. Stay tuned.

·
Registered
152 Posts
So....im the original poster here and started this post regarding the go pedal by Madness. I can tell you from my own personal experience having used it in 3 different cars (Dodge, Fiat and now Alfa) IT DOES MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE. More so in the Alfa for sure probably thanks to the turbo powered engine.

Yes i know it does NOT add horspower and no one has claimed that it does. However I'm willing to bet that it does change the 0-60 time.

I have tested (but have yet to measure) and repeatedly mind you, taking off from a stand still (LAUNCH MODE) Reving the engine to $2500 rpm with my foot on the brakes in DYNAMIC mode and with the SPORT PLUS setting & highest curve on the go pedal (all red dots on) and let me tell you. It will give you a whip lash.....and a BIG SMILE.

Just remember to shift manually (paddle shifters are awesome) at or before redline or then engine wont repond to your right foot input. Kinda feels like it went into nuetral to protect the engine im sure if you dont.

I will find a way to time the 0-60 with and without the pedal to prove my point. Unless someone already did it. Stay tuned.
If I could not have the go pedal I would not even want my Stelvio anymore.I drove the car without it for a day when I took it in for service,felt like I was driving a Smartcar.

I can't live without it now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the Bluetooth one. So the sport/performance options are limited to "Performance" and any number of custom maps that you want to design. It didn't really do the magic I was hoping for. It felt like I got the pedal response of D driving mode without the holding of lower gears, and red graphics. What I was hoping for is a more direct/immediate throttle opening off the line. Like back in the day when pedals where connected to the throttle with a cable. I also drive an automatic (CVT) drive-by-wire turbo Civic. The Civic is slower in every way except for immediate off the line pedal to throttle response. This doesn't fix that.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just as a side note:

Since I got the go pedal I rarely if ever use the paddle shifters,the acceleration is so good I don't feel the need to use them.I just put the go pedal in the most aggressive mode and put the car in Dynamic and mash the gas.

To be honest,without the go pedal i probably would have been looking for another car.But very happy now.Yes,I wish off the line had more thrust,but with a turbo there is not much you can do.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can't believe that is giving more throttle to the engine. All it can do is to simulate you pressing the pedal quicker that in some cases may be true but I drove sport cars all my life and I can't imagine how this could help me, I've a foot of lead :)
Are you saying that GP won’t help bc you already mash the throttle? I’m no gearhead, but it shouldn't matter how much you mash the pedal - because it’s brake by wire. You can stomp the pedal, but the engine will only react to the signal given by the computer. In this way the GP could give better response even over a softer “mash.” That makes sense to me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Are you saying that GP won’t help bc you already mash the throttle? I’m no gearhead, but it shouldn't matter how much you mash the pedal - because it’s brake by wire. You can stomp the pedal, but the engine will only react to the signal given by the computer. In this way the GP could give better response even over a softer “mash.” That makes sense to me.
LOL just noticed this is an '18 post. Sorry.

·
Registered
2022 VELOCE
50 Posts
Very interested in getting one of these BUT...when going to the dealer for any maintanence issue, should it be removed? And most importantly, does it leave any traces (physically and electronically) if/when removed that would void the warranty?
Thanx! STELVIS!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hard to hide unless you use the Bluetooth model. It also depends how good you are hiding wires. I have the EC version with the actual display mounted on the dash. 4yrs later, 3 different dealers, no issues. I'm actually going to sell mine as I don't have much use from it on my SQV.

·
Vendor
762 Posts
Very interested in getting one of these BUT...when going to the dealer for any maintanence issue, should it be removed? And most importantly, does it leave any traces (physically and electronically) if/when removed that would void the warranty?
Thanx! STELVIS!
Hello Stelvis,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Our GOPedal is relatively warranty save. I leave mine installed in my personal vehicle when going for dealer updates and the like. With that said every Service Department/ Service Manager is different, it's generally best to open a conversation with them about you're looking into some mods and feel them out a bit.

The GOPedal can be removed in a matter of moments re-installed just as easily. There is not flash counter triggered and its like the GOPedal was never there.

Please feel free to give Jeremy a call in our Texas Location at 512-982-9393 ext: 202 and he can chat with you a little more in depth about the GOPedal installation.

Thank you again.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts