Alfa Romeo Stelvio Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Ti sport
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Madness Auto sells a Sport version of its lowering springs and also a Sport Plus version. The Sport version has a 1.2” drop and the Sport Plus version has a full 2” drop.

The language on their website is vague, but the gist of it is that the Sport Plus version has better handling but a firmer ride than the regular Sport version; and that both versions are superior to the stock set-up’s handling. I am planning to lower my 2019 Ti Sport and am thinking I will go with the regular Sport version, as this car is a daily driver and I will never track it.

So, my question is whether any one has recent experience on either of these versions? Thanks in advance for your help and input.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got the sport plus installed yesterday. I wasn't personally a fan of the wheel gap the Stelvio has. From what I gather so far is it is stiffer but not bad. Also less body roll. So far I'm having no issues. My suggestion is to keep the original ones, just incase you want to go back to the other ones.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Ti sport
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point; I have checked most of the posts and everyone seems to like the effect of lowering it a bit. Just interested
I got the sport plus installed yesterday. I wasn't personally a fan of the wheel gap the Stelvio has. From what I gather so far is it is stiffer but not bad. Also less body roll. So far I'm having no issues. My suggestion is to keep the original ones, just incase you want to go back to the other ones. View attachment 26036
love the smaller wheel gap…do you notice the lower height on entry/exit?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Good point; I have checked most of the posts and everyone seems to like the effect of lowering it a bit. Just interested

love the smaller wheel gap…do you notice the lower height on entry/exit?
Yes. Mine has the sport seats so getting in I had to practically lift myself over the edge of the seat which was something I didn't enjoy. Getting in and out seems to be less of a hassle now. Ride height seems the same to me while sitting in the cabin.

·
Registered
2019 Stelvio Ti sport
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. Mine has the sport seats so getting in I had to practically lift myself over the edge of the seat which was something I didn't enjoy. Getting in and out seems to be less of a hassle now. Ride height seems the same to me while sitting in the cabin.
Great news. I have sport seats also in my Stelly and both my wife and I have commented about how getting over the side bolster is a lot more difficult than in our old Giulia which didn’t have sport seats.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
365 Posts
I got the sport plus installed yesterday. I wasn't personally a fan of the wheel gap the Stelvio has. From what I gather so far is it is stiffer but not bad. Also less body roll. So far I'm having no issues. My suggestion is to keep the original ones, just incase you want to go back to the other ones. View attachment 26036
Definitely like the look with less fender well gap. I’m so pleased with our stock suspension handling I’m hesitant to modify. Out of curiosity, where did you have it done and what are costs involved? Thanks 🙏

·
Registered
39 Posts
Definitely like the look with less fender well gap. I’m so pleased with our stock suspension handling I’m hesitant to modify. Out of curiosity, where did you have it done and what are costs involved? Thanks 🙏
I did it at a place in south Florida that actually lifts trucks. So I asked if they can do the opposite which they did. I ended up getting rear control arms so with the installation of the springs and control arms cost me just under $900.

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
365 Posts
I did it at a place in south Florida that actually lifts trucks. So I asked if they can do the opposite which they did. I ended up getting rear control arms so with the installation of the springs and control arms cost me just under $900.
Appreciate your response! I’m still on the fence but if that’s the price all in that sounds reasonable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Appreciate your response! I’m still on the fence but if that’s the price all in that sounds reasonable.
I definitely shopped around getting quotes before I made my decision. The way I look at it is if you want a good job done, you're going to be paying for it. If it's too cheap, that will be the kind of work you'll get. And our Alfas deserve the best. 👌

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio TI
365 Posts
I definitely shopped around getting quotes before I made my decision. The way I look at it is if you want a good job done, you're going to be paying for it. If it's too cheap, that will be the kind of work you'll get. And our Alfas deserve the best. 👌
Absolutely agree! I’m in the greater Los Angeles area. I think there is a Madness shop somewhere around here. If I do get serious about the lowering I’ll see if they actually do the installation too. Enjoy your beautiful ride!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Absolutely agree! I’m in the greater Los Angeles area. I think there is a Madness shop somewhere around here. If I do get serious about the lowering I’ll see if they actually do the installation too. Enjoy your beautiful ride!
I'm almost positive they do installations. Give them a call, friendly people. And thank you, enjoy your beautiful ride as well!

·
Registered
2020 Stelvio Base RWD
543 Posts
They are in Long Beach area.
I have the Sport+ springs(since Christmas), but I haven't installed them yet, since I'm worried about alignment been off, with them installed.
AlfaFA, what kind of control arms did you get? How are the alignment specs after install?
I'm planning to install them myself.

·
Registered
39 Posts
They are in Long Beach area.
I have the Sport+ springs(since Christmas), but I haven't installed them yet, since I'm worried about alignment been off, with them installed.
AlfaFA, what kind of control arms did you get? How are the alignment specs after install?
I'm planning to install them myself.
I got the rear control arms from Alfa9supply.com and unfortunately I don't have the alignment specs since I had a shop do everything with the installation and alignment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Never heard about 'rear control arms'? What do they do. Stop the weird wallow in the rear of all Stelvio lowered or not?
Right, when lowered the wheels generally will come out at a angle. The rear control arms correct that. There's more information about it on the Alfa9supply website. And at $599 it's the same price on other sites as well.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts